🌸All I Want🌸

[Naruto AU, bittersweet]

Sakura Haruno breathed into her hands, warming them as they cupped around her frozen lips. She crossed her arms and leaned her head back as the snow fell around her.

"Just another year... It doesn't feel any more special than it should be..."

She sighed and continued down the busy Christmas street of Konoha.

"Sakura!"

Sakura turned as Naruto Uzumaki ran up to her, "good morning, Naruto."

"Hey! Merry Christmas, Sakura!" Naruto held out a wrapped present to her, "I got this just for you!"

"Ah!" Sakura smiled, "thank you!"

"Mhm!" He held his hands above his head and adjusted his red scarf, "Sai wanted to find you and give you something, too. But he's out with Ino, now."

"I see." She nodded, "lucky them."

"Yeah. I should probably get back to Hinata now, too." Naruto scratched the back of his neck, "so go on!"

"Huh?"

"Open it already!"

"Oh, okay." Sakura tore the paper and held up the framed image, "Naruto, wow... This is nice! Thank you..." Her voice trailed off when her eyes fell on the boy that stood out from the entire picture of their Genin squad. The boy with black hair and a scowl that set him apart from the rest.

"Hang on, turn it over."

Sakura rose a brow and turned the frame over, and on the back was a picture of their same squad. The only difference is that they were all older, and everyone was smiling. Even the Uchiha.

"Yeah..." Naruto smiled sadly, "it's been, what... A year? I still can't believe he did that..."

Sakura only covered her mouth to keep from crying. She looked up at her friend and threw her arms around him, "thank you, Naruto. This is the best present I've gotten all year."

"You're welcome." Naruto hugged her, "remember, I'm always here for you if you ever need to talk. I know it's hard..."

"Yeah. Thank you." Sakura pulled away, "now go see Hinata. She must be worried sick."

"I got it, yeah." Naruto waved as he turned around and walked away.

Sakura clutched the picture frame in her arms and held it close to her chest. She was being genuinely honest. Ever since the Fourth Ninja War, she felt as if a piece of her was always missing. She thought they'd finally gotten Sasuke back once and for all, but after his fight with Naruto, he left and never came back. They searched, even Kakashi, as the Hokage, sent ANBU out searching for him, to no avail. The memories replayed through her mind as she walked back to her own apartment and watched all the couples pass her.

Sasuke, if you can hear me... Sakura leaned her head back and watched the heat of her breath in the cold. I just want to say Merry Christmas... I don't know if you're really out there or if you're even alive, and that scares me to think that you could be alone, celebrating by yourself. No family or anyone with you to comfort you, but... She stepped into her apartment and locked the door. She headed straight to her bedroom and set the picture frame on her bedside table as she sat on the bed and gazed at the image.

"Sasuke... All I really want is for you to be happy today. I don't care if it's another girl, all I want is for you to be with someone to celebrate with and not be lonely. Please, that's all I ask..."

It wasn't the fact that he was living away from the village and away from his friends, it's the fact that no one knows of his whereabouts, not even ninja from other villages. It's as if he didn't even exist. If anything, she, Naruto, and Kakashi may be the only ones who remember what an Uchiha is.