🌸S-Rank Mission 2.0🌸

[fluff, funny]

"Sa-Sasuke?!"

He burst through the window of her apartment and slid a ring on her left ring finger.

"Sakura." His voice grew soft as he said her name, "I love you so much, please run off with me. We'll live together forever and restore the Uchiha clan outside the village."

"Oh, Sasuke, yes!" Sakura wrapped her arms around him and kissed him, "I'll marry you, and we'll run away together, away from my parents, the village, even that blonde-haired boy whose name I can't remember!"

"Yes." Sasuke kissed her and smiled, "I'll protect and love you forever."

Yes, it'll happen just like this... And then after... 

...

Naruto blinked blindly at the story, "so... It didn't happen that way?"

Sasuke stood before Naruto in front of the Hokage's office, extremely uncomfortable, "no."

"Hang on..." Naruto's brow twitched, "how come, in your imagination, Sakura couldn't remember my name?"

"You think I want her bringing up your name in a fantasy about the two of us?"

"Okay, okay..." Naruto cut Sasuke off and stood up, "wait, so what really happened?"

...

"Sakura, I love you, and I don't think I could live another day without you being my wife, so... Will you marry me?"

"Sasuke!" She smiled brightly and nodded, "yes, yes!"

Sasuke slid the ring onto her finger, "We can run away from the village and restore the Uchiha clan."

"Ah..." Sakura paused, then blushed, "did you... Ask my parents?"

...

"Oh... She used the 'p' word..." Naruto chuckled sheepishly.

Sasuke only set his jaw, "shut up, idiot! What do I do?!"

"Well, there's only one thing to do." Naruto cleared his throat.

"N-no, I don't think..."

"Come on, man up." Naruto crossed his arms, "wait a second, after you proposed, you two didn't... Go that far, did you?"

"She wanted to wait until after we're married." Sasuke turned away, "but that's not happening until I actually get her father's blessing... Why is she so traditional?"

"Well..." Naruto shrugged, "I don't know how I'll be able to help you there."

"No, I know." Sasuke grabbed the collar of Naruto's cloak and pulled him away,"you're coming with me."

"What?! Sasuke, I've got work to do! I was actually just about to go to another lecture to become Hokage! I'm nearly finished!"

"Just leave a clone."

"Are you insane?"

"Yes. You don't think Sakura's dad could say 'no' to the savior of the world and future Hokage, could he?"

"Well, no, but... She's marrying you, not me!"

"Well, you'll be there to back me up."

"No, Sasuke!!"

"Naruto, shut up. You're coming with me whether you like it or not."

Naruto stomped his foot and turned around, "make me!"