🌸My Queen - Part 1🌸

[royal AU]

"She's next in line for the throne..." 

"It's true that the king has no sons, but must the parliament truly come to this? Can the kingdom really survive under the rule of a woman--" 

"Silence!" 

The room silenced to a hushed whisper as the king cleared his throat. 

"My daughter is fit for the throne." He spoke with hesitation in his voice, "she may rule." 

"But..." Another member of the parliament cleared their throat, "you know... The chief advisor of your majesty has a fine, young man to rule on her behalf. With a man by her side to help her rule, don't you suppose the kingdom will only strive?" 

The king blinked a few times and sighed, "you may be right..." He paused and turned to his right-hand man, "Minato Namikaze." 

The named man lifted his head, "your majesty?" 

"Your son?" 

"I would say he's..." Minato chuckled, "I don't know how to put it... If he's really fit to be king..." 

"Well." The king laughed, "I'm sure he would make a fine husband for my precious blossom!" 

______________________

"Wait!! Princesses aren't supposed to run!!" 

"Hell, if someone calls me that one more time... Naruto, you're such an ass!!" 

"I-I'm sorry, your H-Highness Lady Sakur--" 

"What did we say?!" 

"Ah, Sakura." 

The pink-haired girl stopped in her tracks, turned to the boy, and burst out laughing, "race you back to the castle?" 

"Oh yeah!" 

The two took off in a cloud of dust towards the small kingdom known only as Konoha. 

"So..." Naruto glanced at his friend, "the meeting our dads are in, today..." 

"Yeah..." Sakura sighed, "I could care less about what they do. I don't want to rule, it sounds like such a hassle while I could just have someone else rule for me." 

"True, but you realize how totally badass it'd be?" 

"I can tell everyone what to do, yeah, sure, but that's not all there is to it, y'know." They continued on until a glint of red, white, and black caught their eyes and Sakura yanked Naruto behind a building, "shoot... Hide." 

"What?" Naruto peeked around the corner and sighed, "oh. It's them again..." 

"Why do they keep coming?" Sakura peeked over his shoulder and shivered, "every time I see them, it almost makes me sick to my stomach..." 

The Uchiha. My father told me they were used to be one of the strongest denominations in Konoha, but they turned on the kingdom, rebelled, and disappeared. Twenty years later, they come out of hiding and armies of them come to Konoha to request for one of their own to take the throne. Every day, this ritual is repeated over and over until the king agrees to their terms. So far? No Uchiha has set their butt on that hypothetical throne. And no Uchiha will ever do that as long as my father, King Kizashi Haruno, is in rule. The only Uchiha that's gotten the closest to the king is Itachi Uchiha, the only Uchiha to be trusted of the bunch, since he is, of course, my body-guard under the close supervision of the kingdom's elite marshall, Kakashi Hatake.

"Think they're gone?" 

"Hope so." 

Sakura and Naruto cautiously made their way out towards the palace and casually walked into the foyer.