🌸The Journey - The Side🌸

[fluff, funny]

Sakura leaned her head back to let the sunlight spill over her face, "this is so nice..."

"Well, enjoy it while you can. The weather is going to get a little nasty tonight."

"Cavemen, then?"

Sasuke chuckled, "cavemen it is."

That's what they agreed to call it. Just another one of their own little inside jokes. This whole journey together has been full of them. Silly, ridiculous, dirty, steamy, they were all over the place. Even Sakura could never dream of ever joking around with Sasuke in such a way, he always seemed to her as the serious, brooding type. That's how he always appeared to everyone. But being alone with him for such a long period of time as someone worth even more to him than a best friend only revealed the side of Sasuke that no one has ever seen before.

Later that night, they found a cave to hunker down in and wait until the storm that loomed overhead passes.

"Hey, Sakura."

"Hm?"

"Do you think..."

Sakura turned around once he caught her full attention, "yes?"

Sasuke glanced away with an embarrassed look, "do you want to play a game or something?"

She blinked a few times, then burst out laughing.

Sasuke turned even redder, "wh-what's so funny?!"

"Oh, it's nothing, Sasuke." Sakura wiped her eyes, "it's just... I'm not used to this side of you. I've seen your serious, stoic, and perverted sides, but I've never seen you so vulnerable and childish in my life!"

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No, I love it." Sakura laughed, "how about thumb-wrestling?"

"Seriously?"

"Well." Sakura shrugged, "I can't think of anything else to do. We might be here a while, so isn't this one way to pass the time?"

"I suppose." Sasuke glanced outside as Sakura crawled over to sit across from him, holding out her hand. He took her hand and the game started, "this is weird..."

"I know." Sakura chuckled.

Clearly, Sasuke had underestimated her far too much.

Sakura stuck out her tongue teasingly, "I win."

Sasuke looked at her and activated his Sharingan, "another round."

Where did this come from... Sakura laughed but agreed.

His thumb was quick, thanks to his Sharingan, but Sakura's was strong. When he'd pin her down, she'd only shrug his thumb off of her own as if it wasn't even trying. The second round lasted far longer than expected and eventually ended.

"Again?!" Sasuke was furious, "one more round!"

"Wow."

"What?"

Sakura laughed, "I never thought the Sasuke Uchiha could get so enthralled in something so childish."

He blushed, "th-this isn't childish, I mean... You started it!"

"I know I did. But you've gotten so into it, I never thought that..." Sakura smiled, "this is the side of you I've never seen before, huh?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Well..." Sakura leaned her head back, "when we were still Genin, I always saw you as a dark, brooding person. That's the side of you that everyone's seen. But watching you have fun with something as small as this is just another side of you that I've discovered. Makes me wonder..."

Sasuke looked away, but Sakura still noticed the color change on his face.

"What other secret sides of your personality you have..." She grinned, "as this journey continues, I'm sure we'll find out!"

"I doubt it." Sasuke sighed then grabbed her hand once again, "I still want that rematch, though. So don't think you'll get away that easily."

"I know." Sakura laughed through another round of thumb-wrestling.

Sure enough, I discovered many more sides of Sasuke that no one could ever discover. Not even Naruto. He's such a playful person who enjoys simple, childish games like this. We thrumb-wrestle every day, now, it's almost become habitual, almost second-nature. Not only that, he has a soft spot for cats and wild animals, he writes his own stories in his head and tells them to me at night when we go to bed, and the side that no one will ever discover is his perverted side. I won't go too much into detail about that, but who could ever imagine that someone as stoic as him could ever have a loveable side? I found that out the long way, but sometimes, the long way is just way more fun. Yet another addition that makes this journey so worthwhile.

~~~

Written by xX_Fang_Xx