🌸S-Rank Mission - Period🌸

[fluff, funny, Sarada]

Every male goes running at the sound of that word.

Yes, it's exactly what you think it is.

Unfortunately for me, being a loving husband and father, there's no place to run and hide.

When it comes to this, my experience came in three different stages: The first time it happened, (when I thought was) the last time it happened, and the first time it happened.

...

The First Time

"S-Sakura..." Sasuke stared at the ground from where he'd picked up his pack and cloak, "are you okay?"

"Huh?" She turned to look at him, "of course. Why?"

"There's..." He hesitantly pointed at the dirt, "there's blood here."

"What?!"

And all of a sudden, Sakura wasn't okay.

"I-I'm so sorry!" She kicked some dry dirt over the stain to hide the evidence.

"it's fine. It's just dirt." Sasuke watched her, "did you... Kill an animal or something?"

"You know nothing, do you?" Sakura sighed pitifully, "well, let me explain. As my husband, it's something important you need to know."

The first time Sasuke ever learned about how girls bleed for an entire week was a horrifying realization to him.

"W-will you be okay?! Is that normal?! I mean, losing that much blood isn't healthy!!"

"Sasuke, I've been bleeding like this a week every month for ten years now and I'm still alive."

He gazed at her in awe, "how is that possible?!"

"It's complicated anatomy." Sakura sighed, "just please don't worry so much about me. The only concerns you should have are if I ever get any cramps, then we'll need to stop and rest for a bit."

"Wow, okay..."

That same day, Sasuke also learned that a girl's emotions spike during this week of the month. In Sakura's case, he learned her tolerance level decreased drastically, and in response, her anger tripled and her punches became ten times more painful.

(What he thought was) The Last Time

It was about three months into Sasuke and Sakura's journey together outside the village, and one morning, Sakura walked up to him. Concerned.

"Are you okay, Sakura?" He looked up at her from where he sat, "you look pale. You're not sick, are you?"

"No..." Sakura knelt in front of him, "it's just... It's been a few months... And my period stopped."

Is it... Sasuke stared at her, "it did?!"

"Yeah. You know what that means, don't you?"

He smiled, "you're done bleeding? Forever?!"

Sakura froze, "wait, what?"

"Your period's over."

"Sasuke, I wish." She crossed her arms, sighed, and stood up, "you really haven't learned about girls, have you?"

"Wh-what? What did I miss?"

"Ever since we started... You know, sleeping together, my period stopped." She spoke slowly, "do you know what that means?"

He looked at her, "did I stop it?"

"Yes, you did." She snickered, "in a way."

"Sakura, please just tell me..."

"When a girl's period stops for a long period of time... It means she's pregnant."

That realization was an even harder blow to Sasuke's stomach than when she really punches him. He stood up and grabbed her shoulders, "p-pregnant?!"

The First Time (again...)

"Sakura, I'm home."

"Sasuke! You're home!" She ran from the kitchen to greet her husband, "how are you? Let me finish cooking! Go wash up. I'm making your favorite, so just wait a bit longer."

"Okay." He smiled as he made his way to the bathroom and washed his hand.

"I need to get more pads or something. The tampons cost way too much, so don't bother getting those."

"But what if you go on missions?"

"I can handle it."

"It's alright. I'll get them. Do you need them right away?"

"K-kinda, yeah."

"Okay, I'll head out now. Darling!" Sakura walked to the bathroom, "I need to head out to the store to... Sasuke, are you okay?"

"S-Sakura..." He stared at her in horror, "wh-what are you..."

"Huh?" Another head peeked around the corner into the bathroom, "oh, look, it's Papa--"

"Sarada!" Sasuke looked down at her and set his hand on her shoulder, "y-you're on your period, too?!"

"Wh-where did you hear that?!" She burned red, "so what if I am?!"

"Sakura, how could this happen?!"

Sakura chuckled, "that's just how the body works. It happens at that age anyway. You've been gone a while. Things happened."

"'Things'?" He sighed before holding out a plastic bag to his daughter, "here, Sarada. You can have these."

She peeked into the bag, "thanks, Papa, but I don't like sweets."

"Wh-what?! But your Mama always said chocolate helps during that week of the month! I got these for her, but if you're on it now, then I'll give them to you."

"But I don't like chocolate!"

"S-Sarada... Please take them..."

"Papa!! I said I didn't want them!!"

"I don't want you to die..." 

"I'm not going to!!" 

At that very moment, Sasuke learned that even Sarada's emotions spike during this week of the month. In her case, he learned her tolerance level decreased tremendously, and in response, her anger quadrupled and her punches became twenty times more painful.

And Sasuke experienced it all.  

~~~

Random fan of the day: BookfReaKxoXo

Written by xX_Fang_Xx