🌸His Reincarnation🌸

[modern AU, fluff]

      Something was wrong with Sakura Haruno

Something was wrong with Sakura Haruno. She believed that she was cursed with eternal life, something most would be overjoyed to have. However, could you imagine watching your friends die? Your family? Your lover? Having them all leave you behind, causing depression to descend upon you. Sakura had been alive so long, that she had nearly forgotten the date of her loved ones deaths. Now, could you imagine her shock when she saw a man, who looked exactly like her first and last lover? Being stuck at the age of twenty five, Sakura had supposedly just finished college or university, just like him. When his eyes connected to hers, Sakura's heart nearly burst from her chest.

Tears stung the back of her eyes, but she refused to let them fall, not in the crowded coffee shop they were in at least. That in mind, she quickly paced to the washroom to cool down. Sakura stared at herself in the mirror, especially at her eyes that looked so full of wisdom, yet so young and free. The man outside looked exactly like Indra Uchiha, her first lover. He couldn't possibly be alive, Sakura herself sat beside him by the hospital bed as his life faded from him. With that in mind, Sakura began to wonder just who that man was. After racking her brain for anything useful to help her from her hundreds of years of life, Sakura came up with one conclusion that knocked the breath out of her. That man could possibly be a reincarnation of Indra.

A small laugh escaped her mouth as the idea left her mind, reincarnation didn't exist. At least, that's what she thought. With a shake of her head, Sakura stepped out of the washroom and into the line of the coffee shop. She ordered a small coffee and sat down as she waiting for her drink. Much to her surprise, the man sat at her table, his coffee in his hand. He offered her a small smile, before taking out his laptop and plugging it's charger into the socket on the wall beside them.

"Sorry," he said. "I didn't mean to intrude, it's just that I have a presentation for my company coming up, and I need to finish it."

Sakura nodded her head in understanding. "I-it's fine with me, I'm not staying too long anyways."

The man nodded as well, before looking down at his laptop and beginning to type. Sakura's order was called and she got up to retrieve it, gaining the attention of the mysterious man sitting with her. As she sat back down, he closed his laptop and took a sip of his coffee.

"Leaving already?" Sakura questioned, trying to hide the slight disappointment she was feeling.

"No, not yet." He said. "I'm just taking a break."

Sakura nodded, lifting up her cup to take a sip of her drink.

"So, what's your name?" He asked, nearly making her choke.

"M-me? Oh, I'm Sakura Haruno. You?" She said.

"I'm Sasuke Uchiha." He said, giving her a small smirk.

Sakura's eyes widened, but she quickly hid her surprise with a smile. "Nice to meet you, Sasuke."

"Likewise." He replied, starting up a conversation with the pinkette.

Sakura saw bits of Indra in Sasuke every now and then, like the way he smirked. Indra used to smirk at her the same way, usually before he kissed her. The look brought butterflies to her stomach, and a small blush to her cheeks. They talked until the sky began to turn orange and their coffee cups held only dry stains, yet neither of them wanted to stop the conversation. The shop was quiet now, and Sakura's legs were beginning to fall asleep from sitting for so long. With a small stretch of her arms, Sakura got up, followed by Sasuke.

"It's getting pretty late, I should get home." Sakura said to him, not bothering to hide her disappointment.

Sasuke nodded, packing away his things, including his forgotten laptop. He threw away both their cups, before coming back and tearing a piece of paper from a small note pad in his brief case. He quickly scribbled a few digits on the paper before handing it to the pinkette, who had a shocked expression on her face.

"I expect a call from you sometime soon, Sakura." He said, smiling.

The smile wasn't like his usual small ones, or his playful smirks. No, this smile was genuine, and made him look innocent and happy, not tired like how he looked when he had walked into the shop. In fact, Sakura thought the smile made him look cuter than he already looked.

"I will," she said, adding an afterthought before she could think about it. "And you should smile more."

The very tips of Sasuke's ears turned pink at the woman's suggestion, making a giggle escape her lips. Sasuke found the giggle adorable, as it brought another smile to his face.

"I guess I'll see you around then." He spoke, walking to the exit with Sakura beside him.

"Definitely." Sakura agreed, and the two parted ways.

Sakura didn't believe in reincarnation, but as she looked at the phone number in her hands, she chose to believe that maybe it was possible.
____
Written by konohaguild