🌸I'll Be Back🌸

[fluff, minor angst]

"Sasuke!" Naruto ran after the Uchiha right after the Kage meeting, "Sasuke, are you really going through with this?"

"I have to." Sasuke paused and glanced over at the nearest clock, "it's eight thirty, so I'll leave as soon as possible."

"But..." Naruto pursed his lips, "I understand finding Kaguya's palace is an important mission, but don't you think this is a little ambitious? I don't want you to leave the village forever."

"It won't be forever. The sooner I leave, the sooner I get back." He turned and smiled, "don't worry. I'll be back."

Naruto sighed, "I'm sorry I had to do that."

"It's fine. I still have to pay the village back for everything I've done..." Sasuke continued walking towards the exit, where he paused and took a deep breath.

"Sasuke."

A hand softly took his and held it tight as he turned to look at his wife, "Sakura..."

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't apologize. I'm the one who agreed to it." He held her hand tighter as he continued walking, Sakura following right by his side as they walked towards her parents' house.

"Oh, Sakura! Sasuke! It's good to see you both!" Kizashi opened the door, "she didn't want to go to bed, she's so full of energy!"

"I bet." Sasuke chuckled, "thanks for watching her."

"Papa!"

Sakura and Sasuke watched as their small, two-year-old daughter ran up to them. He bent down and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Did you have fun with Grandma and Grandpa?" Sakura smiled.

"Yeah! Make cookies!" She beamed, "with cholate!"

"Is that so?" Sasuke held her as he stood back up and kissed her cheek, "Papa's happy to hear that."

"Here." Mebuki walked up to the couple and held out a bento box, "we heard the news. Kakashi called."

"Yeah." Sakura took the box, "thanks, Mom. Dad."

"Mhm." Mebuki nodded and smiled in Sasuke's direction, "take care, got it?"

"Yeah." Sasuke nodded as Mebuki hugged him, "you too."

"Let's go home. Sarada has to go to bed." Sakura sighed as she gave her parents hugs, "we'll get going."

As the family walked away, Sarada looked up at her Papa, "hey, Papa? Why Granma hug you?"

"Because Papa's a nice boy." Sakura chimed in before Sasuke could say anything, "when we get home, we'll have a late dinner and you'll go to bed, okay?"

"But..." Sarada looked up at Sasuke, "wanna play wif Papa more..."

"It's okay, Sarada." Sasuke's chest hurt, "m-maybe next time."

His grip on her tightened as he hugged her close to his chest and leaned his head on hers. Sakura smiled at the gesture and walked further ahead.

"I'll try to get home ahead of you both to..." She looked at Sasuke and he understood, "yeah?"

"Uh-huh." He nodded as she ran off. To get my things together. She's not going to say it out loud, we don't want Sarada to know that I'm leaving on this long mission, "so, Sarada... What do you want to do when you're older?"

"Hm..." She looked up at him and beamed, "like you!"

Trust me, Sarada... I wouldn't want that if I were you... Sasuke sighed, "that's quite a goal."