🌸My Mama🌸

[Sarada, fluff, angst]

"I'll have you know." Little Boruto Uzumaki stood up on a park bench at the center of rush-hour Konoha, "my Mom is the strongest Kunoichi in the world! Dad says she's got the Byakugan!"

"Yeah?" Shikadai Nara kicked Boruto, causing the young boy to fall over, "well, my mom is literally the scariest person alive..."

"My mom is probably scarier." Inojin Yamanaka chuckled.

"Well, my mom has a really powerful visual Jutsu that my dad says is one of the strongest visual Justus!" Boruto yelled.

"Will you three shut up?"

They paused and turned to look at five year-old Sarada Uchiha, fingers intertwined and resting in front of her mouth, eyes shut in annoyance, "yeesh, sorry Sarada." Boruto rolled his eyes, "but didn't you hear what Iruka-Sensei said? It's Mother's Day!"

"Yeah. So what?"

"Oh. Nothing." Boruto held his hands over his head, "just thought maybe you'd want to do something nice for a change."

"Of course I will, you nut-house." She glared at him as she stood up, "you're all just really annoying."

With that, she walked off, headed home. She didn't know what to say back there. What would she say about her mom? That she's a single mom supposedly married to a man that's been away from the village for years? As if. She had no visual jutsu, she wasn't from a famous clan, what was she? Sarada sighed and continued on until she reached their little apartment.

"Hm?" Sakura Uchiha looked up from the vegetables she was cutting and smiled, "welcome home, Sarada! Did you have fun with your friends?"

"Sure." Sarada put her shoes away and went to go give her mom a hug, "Mama, you don't have a visual Jutsu, do you?"

"Huh?" Sakura gave her a weird look, then laughed, "of course not, Sweetie. Why the sudden question?"

"Boruto's mama has a visual Jutsu." Sarada muttered.

"Well, that's because Hinata was born with it. I wasn't born from any special clan like hers." Sakura smiled, "but you know what?"

"What?"

Sakura poked Sarada's forehead, "you were. Your papa is a very special person, and unlike me, he's very strong. So guess what? You will be, too."

"Really?" Sarada beamed, her eyes glittered with wonder.

"Mhm." Sakura grinned and patted her head, "now go wash up. Dinner's almost ready."

"Okay!" Sarada giggled and ran off. Just as she did, Sakura chuckled to herself, then heard her phone vibrate. She checked the text, and what it read warmed her heart and made her smile.

Hey, happy Mother's Day. I love you - S

____________________

- eight years later, a few days after the Chunin Exams -

"Hey Papa!"

"Hm?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

Sasuke Uchiha set the scroll he was reading down next to him, "uh, sure."

She grinned as she ran over and sat down on the couch next to her dad, "so, it's about Mama."

"What about her?"

"Well..." Sarada fondled with her fingers for a moment, "what do you think of her?"

"Well, your mama..." Sasuke smiled as he gazed up at the ceiling as if the answer to the question was written in the sky, "she's the strongest woman I know. I mean, she is your mother, isn't she? Where do you think you got your impeccable strength from?"

Sarada tilted her head in confusion, "but... When you were away, Mama told me it was from you, and that you were strong, but she wasn't."

"Hm. Well, she was wrong." Sasuke smirked, "you got my hair color, eye color, my Sharingan, and unfortunately, probably my stubbornness. But everything else about you is her. You have her eyes, her face, her smile, her power, and her temper. Which isn't always a bad thing."

"But... She doesn't have a visual Jutsu either, like Boruto's mom."

"Now that's different." Sasuke leaned back, "Hinata was born with the Byakugan, it was inherited hereditarily. However, Sakura was born from an ordinary clan with no special abilities whatsoever. She pulled her own weight and became the strongest Kunoichi I know. That's why, in some ways, she's practically stronger than me."

Sarada stared at her dad, "I didn't think it'd even be possible for anyone other than Lord Seventh to be stronger than you, Papa."

"Yes, well, we're not all perfect." He smiled and picked his scroll back up, "you should know your Mama is very strong, and also the best mama you could ever ask for. Alright?"

"Of course." Sarada smiled.

______________________

- Eight years later -

"My name is Sarada Uchiha, and I'm the daughter of Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Uchiha.  Well, I just wanted to stand up before you all and tell you that Sakura Haruno Uchiha is my mom. And sixteen years ago, I only saw her as my mother, someone to do the cleaning, housework, laundry, leave dinner when I came home, and care for me when I was hurting. But she's more than that. She's a strong kunoichi. Like me." Sarada's eyes averted from the dark audience to her dad, sitting just in front, next to Naruto Uzumaki, Kakashi Hatake, and even Hinata Uzumaki. She briefly cleared her throat and continued, "so, uh, I came to realize how much she really means to me, even though I've doubted her in the past for so long. But I was wrong. My mom is the strongest Kunoichi I know. She had no visual Jutsu like my husband's mom did..." She turned to glance at Boruto, sitting in the seat next to her dad, "or like my own dad. But as my dad had told me before, she was able to pull her own weight and become the woman she was. There are so many things I wish I could tell her now." Sarada stopped midsentence as her gaze fell on her own daughter, sitting next to her father, "I've learned so much, that you don't need a visual Jutsu to be strong, either. It's the will my mom had. And the love she had for me and my dad. That's what really makes her strong. And she's definitely strong enough to make it this far." Sarada turned to the open casket and wiped her wet eyes, "Mama..." She whispered, her voice shaky, "my daughter has a visual Jutsu... But you never did... That's what makes you the strongest of our bloodline. She loves you, Papa loves you, and I love you even more.  Up until the end of this war, thank you for being my Mama, and for always being there with me and raising me right. You were my role model, and actually, you still are. I'll miss you Mama. I love you."

••••••••••••••••••••

Written by xX_Fang_Xx

❤️🌸Happy Mother's Day, Sakura! We love you! 🌸❤️