🌸 Their Story 🌸

[fluff]

Useless.

I've been called that my entire life. It had gotten to the point where I thought it was my name. It was what I was—useless.

I was book smart no doubt about it, I would come up with a plan and they would execute it to the T. All while making sure I was out of harm's way. 

I practiced my jutus to try and make them better, and I thought it would show when in sparring. But no, it sucked—it always did.

Then they left, and left me to fend for myself. They could no longer protect me and I knew from then on, I had to protect myself.

But that's all I've been trying to do—protect myself. But they'd always pull me to the side and tell me to stay there, while they risked their lives for me. I hated it. It just made me feel like I really couldn't do it.

Untill I bursted through the doors of the Hokage's office demanding that Lady Tsunade take me under her teachings. I wanted to be strong and what better way to do it than from a legendary sannin? I had to. I had to prove myself and everyone else wrong. Let them know that I can protect myself. That I wasn't useless. That I was a fighter...

I spent days on end trying to become this strong person. I stopped crying, I barely wanted any sweets. I had to take on a persona that I was actually ready for. The inner me became who I am now. This is me; Sakura.

Looking up, I saw the two of them with their backs to me. Clothes torn, dirty and bloody. Again, risking their lives. Clenching my fists at my sides I took a step forward.

No, that's not who I am anymore. I'm not that girl. With all my strength, I reared back and focused a good amount of chakra to my fist before punching the clone before me. It went flying, screeching as it whizzed past both Sasuke and Naruto. The both of them jerking their heads in my direction.

"Awesome." I could see Naruto mouth as Sasuke swallowed. I jumped in the air, concentrating more of my chakra to my fist for my final blow.

I felt the earth breaking beneath me and my ears popped from the elevation decrease. I felt the best I've felt in a while. I-I felt useful. Finally....

"Naruto, don't hold us back." Sasuke says once they joined my side. I smirk. Sasuke, acknowledged me.

I smile. I can do this. I can fight with them.

Years Later...

Pink strands of hair were entangled with raven as I find myself smiling. She's holding our kid, something we created to solidify our love; our bond.

She's chased behind me for years, watching my back while I protect her.

She was wearing one of my shirts with my clan's symbol plastered on her back; something I always found attractive that she did. Then again, anything she does is attractive.

Our daughter's chunky arms are thrown around her mother's shoulders, as her face was tucked deep into Sakura's neck. Small whimpers could be heard as Sakura hummed a song and patted our child lightly on the back to shush her.

Her back was towards me as I leaned on the doorframe watching my wife be a mother.

Feeling me staring, she looked over her shoulder and smiled coyly before turning away from me once more. I stuck my hand in my pocket.

God, I love her.

Now it's our turn to relax together. Under the moonlight. We sat right outside with my head resting in her lap. Her dainty hands tangled in my hair and scratching at my scalp to soothe me. She pushes my hair away from my eye and I find myself looking up at her. Her eyes are glued on the stars making her emerald eyes shine so much brighter than any star ever could. My wife is so beautiful.