🌸Her Lie Part 6🌸

[high school AU, bittersweet]

SASUKE

"I can't believe it! First, you got a speeding ticket. Then you got dragged out of the concert hall for supposedly stealing Sakura's ID, and even despite that, you won a music scholarship?!"

"I guess so?" I chuckled to myself.

Yesterday was a living nightmare to me. But in the end, when I finished playing the same piece Sakura worked hard to perfect, I felt at ease and knew that Sakura will make it. And sure enough, miracles do happen. Sakura woke up from her coma early this morning. So here Naruto and I were, sitting in her hospital room. I watched as Naruto tried to converse with her, but I picked up that something wasn't right. Either Naruto was talking so much that he isn't giving her a chance to talk, or she...

"Sakura."

She looked up at me.

"Do you..." my heart beat faster and faster, "do you know who we are?"

Naruto paled at the realization. We both watched anxiously then felt our stomachs drop the moment Sakura shook her head.

"Who..." She murmured to herself, "who... Are you? Where are my... My parents? Where are they?"

My heart stopped.

"I'm self-taught." She grinned, "you know, living by yourself majority of your life really gives you a lot of free time."

Her parents... I bit my lip. She'd never told us about her living situation, but she never brought her parents up. If anything, I'm not even sure if she has any. Soon, my question was answered by a very pale Naruto.

"They're..." Naruto covered his mouth, "you don't remember?"

"No?" She tilted her head, "where did they go?"

I stared at Naruto then shut my eyes. I knew what was coming.

"Sakura, they... They died."

"Wha..." Sakura stared at him in horror, "no! That can't be!"

"Sakura, please." Naruto cried, "please believe us! It was a car accident, and--"

"Get out, you strangers!!" Sakura yelled as tears poured out of her eyes, "I don't believe either of you! Why should I, I've never seen either of you in my life!"

After everything that'd happened, I was heartbroken. All I needed to know...

"Sakura." I ran up to her and grabbed her hands, "Sakura, look at me."

Sakura stopped and obeyed. She looked deep into my eyes, and I looked into hers.

"Sakura, what do you last remember?"

"I..." She started, "I don't remember any--"

"Yes, you do!" I yelled, squeezing her hands, "remember the car accident! Your life in middle school! Remember when Naruto saved you from those girls! Remember that pop quiz Kakashi gave us the other day, the books he always reads. Remember..." My throat was closing up, "remember me. Remember that class field trip to Yuki Concert Hall."

I saw it. I saw the spark that flashed in her eyes the moment I brought it up.

"Remember when Naruto and I fought over who saved you from the guys at the smoothie place at the mall. Remember Naruto's promise that he'd get you a grand piano someday. Remember learning the piano. Remember... Remember telling me that you'd show me something I'll never forget."

Within minutes, Sakura gripped my hands just as tight as I gripped hers, "S-Sasuke...!"

"Sakura, you really did show me something I'll never forget." I smiled down at her, "you showed me what I've been missing in my life and that I should get it back. The piano is something I'll never forget. And that's what I love about you."