🌸Balloons🌸

[fluff, modern AU]

Sakura had moved to the city of Ame about a year ago to fulfill her dream of becoming a doctor, and she didn't regret it one bit

Sakura had moved to the city of Ame about a year ago to fulfill her dream of becoming a doctor, and she didn't regret it one bit. Although the weather was almost always horrible, and she barely knew anyone, she didn't regret it. However, today was the first day that she found herself wishing that she was back in Konoha, surrounded by her closest friends as they sang to her and cheered when she blew out the candles on her cake. Yes, today was Sakura Haruno's birthday, and she spent the occasion working and blowing out a candle on a small cupcake that she bought for herself.

Sasuke Uchiha was not a very social person, in fact, he preferred to be alone. However, for the past year, a pink haired doctor that worked with him at the hospital had caught his attention. Her hair was what caught his attention first, because he refused to believe that it was real. Next, it was her eyes. They held a strong determination in them that no one could match, yet they held an innocence in them that made her whole face glow in a way. Today, the doctor caught his attention again, except her normally lively eyes, looked worn and tired. He wanted to know why, so, being one of the higher ranking doctors in the building, he did a little bit of research on her. He found out that her name was Sakura, and that today was surprisingly her birthday. This, however, did not explain why she looked so gloomy. Sasuke shrugged, figuring that whatever it was, she would get over it.

Sakura walked to work the next day, feeling better than she did yesterday. She had received a few calls from friends and family, wishing her a happy birthday. Although she was grateful that they took the time out of their day to call her, Sakura couldn't help but feel like it wasn't the same. She had reached the large hospital and walked through the automatic doors, heading straight to her small office. Once she got there, she was shocked to find several gold coloured balloons on her desk, with a card right next to them.

Sasuke had decided to give the special, pink haired doctor a small gift for her birthday. After work, he had set out to the closest dollar store he could find and picked up a card and ten balloons. It wasn't much, but surprisingly, his cold-hearted self hoped that it would put a smile on her face. He hadn't felt this way for a while, ever since he had to leave his family for work. Sasuke made his way over to Sakura's office, quickly placing the card and the balloons on her desk.

Sakura opened the card first, wanting to see who the wonderful surprise was from.

Dear Doctor Haruno,

I hope you had a great birthday.

From,

Your secret admirer

Sakura smiled, a large smile that lit up her bland office. Outside of her office, Sasuke watched through the open door as Sakura blushed a deep scarlet while staring at the card, causing a smirk to form on his face.

Sakura Haruno really was interesting.

___
Written by konohaguild