🌸Legends Part 8🌸

[Naruto AU, angst, fluff, comfort]

"Did you sleep well last night?"

Sarada didn't speak.

"Okay, listen." Karin walked up to her, "you've been looking so depressed for the past week since Sakura died. Why can't you just move on and live your life? It's what your Mama would've wanted, isn't it?"

"I wouldn't know... I never had much time with her."

Karin crossed her arms, groaned, and leaned her head back, "well, we need to go or we're going to be late."

"For what?"

Karin winked, "it's a surprise. Sasuke and I've been keeping it a secret for a few days now. So come on, we're heading out."

"Uhm..." Sarada hopped down from the high chair she sat on, "okay..."

Karin swung her arm around Sarada's neck and scratched her head, "c'mon, lighten up. It's a beautiful day out, and the cherry blossoms are in full bloom."

"Yeah..."

The two walked down the dirt path until they spotted a group in front of the Hokage's office.

"Mom..." Sarada blinked a few times, "what's going on?"

"Hey, Sarada!"

She turned to the far side of the group and spotted the oh-so-familiar Uzumaki, "Boruto."

"Hey, so, uh." He scratched the back of his head, "my dad had this entire thing planned just for you and Uncle Sasuke. He and Grandpa Kakashi thought she deserved it."

"Who's 'she'?"

"Welcome, everyone!" Naruto walked out of the Hokage's office, followed by Shikamaru, "sorry we're late. Let's go!"

Once Naruto and Shikamaru took off, the group followed them.

"Hmm..." Sarada glanced around. She recognized Inojin's parents, his mom was still crying, then she recognized some of her other classmates' parents. Then she looked back at Boruto, "so what is this?"

"Wait and see." Boruto smiled, "my dad was really excited. He says he knows you'll like it. Do you remember that empty plot of land that those contractors were trying to get rid of a few months ago?"

"Yeah..." Sarada rose a brow, "but then they started putting up the skeleton for a new building there. Why?"

"Well..."

They turned a corner, and instead of a bare, skeleton building frame, there stood a brand new building.

"What the...." Sarada stared, "when did it..."

"Just the beginning of this week." Boruto grinned, "this is your Mama's."

"What?"

"In her will." Boruto explained, "she set aside more than half of her money to your family, then the rest went to the completion of this building. Turns out, she owned this plot of land all this time."

"She..." Sarada smiled, "she did this?!"

"Basically." Boruto watched as the group of people all gathered in front of the building, applauding its completion, "it's the Sakura Hospital for intensive care."

"A hospital...." Sarada pursed her lips as tears formed in her eyes, "then what's that?"

"Oh?" Boruto looked in the direction she pointed, then smiled, "my dad said he wanted you to be the one to cut the ribbon and remove that cloth."