🌸My Soul - Switch?🌸

[Soul Eater AU, funny, fluff]

Sakura's heart thumped harder as she waited in the what-felt-empty classroom.

"Sorry, Sakura. We're switching out. I'm gonna be Sasuke's Meister from now on."

Are they even allowed to do that?She internally groaned and leaned on her desk.

"Ah, Sakura?" Kakashi rose a brow, "is Naruto, Hinata, or Sasuke coming to class at all?"

"I'm not sure." Sakura sighed, "about Sasuke..."

"He's not coming, is he?"

"No, probably not." She chewed on her cheek and stared down at her book, "hypothetically speaking... Is it possible... For a weapon to switch Meisters whenever they want?"

"I don't know. You tell me, Sakura."

"I can only imagine it'd be hard, since the weapon and Meister put so much effort into matching each other's wavelengths in the first place. On top of that, isn't there some sort of rule?"

"There isn't a rule, but it's extremely hard." Kakashi cleared his throat, "as a weapon, it hurts if two contrasting wavelengths clash which is why it's important that the two's wavelengths match."

That's right... Kakashi-Sensei is a Demon Weapon, too. He transforms into a Demon Blade and was the weapon of the infamous Yellow Flash, Minato Namikaze, who succeeded in turning Kakashi-Sensei into a Death Scythe. He would know this stuff.

"Sorry I'm late!"

Sakura and Kakashi turned to the door and watched as Naruto walked in followed by Sasuke and Hinata.

"Naruto." Kakashi crossed his arms, "why are you late?"

"I had to have a little talk with these two." Naruto gestured to the two behind him, "we're all good now."

Their teacher looked at them peculiarly, "are you guys switching weapons?"

"What?!" Hinata looked at him in horror, "h-how'd you know?!"

"Just a hunch."

"So anyway, yeah. We're switching out." Naruto set his hand on Sasuke's shoulder, "the two of us have gotten along really well these past few weeks ever since we met Sasuke, just like Sakura and Hinata get along so well. We decided the solution to this problem is to switch!"

"Idiot!" Sakura gritted her teeth, "there wasn't any problem with the way things were!"

"Sakura." Sasuke looked at her, "let's just try something new."

"You're an idiot too! Do you know how hard it is to switch partners?!"

"Yeah. But I think it's all part of the experience."

"Sasuke, we agreed that I'd make you a Death Scythe. Are we just gonna give up on that dream?"

He looked at her and sighed, "I'll just leave it to Naruto. Hinata's the lucky one here."

"N-no, Sasuke!" Hinata grabbed his arm, "Naruto and I..."

"Sorry, Hinata." Naruto took Sakura's arm, "Sakura's your problem now."

"Hey!" Sakura clenched Naruto's wrist, "you're the one who wanted this switch in the first place!"

"Actually, Sasuke agreed."

"I did not!"

"Then what are you doing?!"

"P-please stop! Naruto, don't do this!"