🌸 A Detective Never Lies- Part 2 🌸

[detective AU]

The pinkette sat at her desk, she was looking over the file that was given to her by Detective Hatake. She sighed, clearly annoyed by something, and leaned back in her chair. Sakura and bags under her eyes and her hair was a mess. It was only noon and yet she was exhausted. The words of the infamous Uchiha ran through her mind and she continuously read through his files which she had already read over about eight times.

   A knock sounded on her office door and she looked up with a startled expression. The door opened and a blonde haired boy walked in. "Jesus Sakura-chan, it's just me." He reached up and started scratching his neck. "No need to look so startled."

   The pinkette relaxed. " Oh..sorry Naruto.." Sakura relaxed and rubbed her face with her hand.

   Naruto looked at Sakura with a saddened expression. "What's wrong? Did something happen with Sasuk- I mean, Uchiha's case?"

   Sakura looked up at him with a blank stare that sent a shiver down Naruto's spine. "Close the door." Was all she said.

   "Woah.." Naruto muttered after the pinkette told him the whole story of what happened to her the night before. "That really happened to you, Sak?" The blonde scratched the back of his neck, not knowing what to say. "I'm sorry that happened to yo-" Naruto didn't get to finish his sentence.

   Sakura stood up and slammed her hands on her desk. "BUT!" She basically yelled out, causing Naruto to jump back in fright and fall out of his chair. He wiped the hair out of his eyes and stared at the pink haired detective with wide eyes. "I have a theory." She said with a much calmer tone.

   Naruto got up and dusted himself off, "And that theory is?" He asked, carrying out the last word.

   Sakura frowned and started pacing behind her desk. She placed her thumb and pointer finger on her chin. "The Sasuke we knew in high school would never do something as horrendous as what he's doing now. Right?" She asked in a questioning tone as she looked at Naruto.

   Naruto gave her a weird look. "What are you implying?" He asked.

   Without warning, she slammed her hands on her desk like she did before and stared at the blonde. "I'm implying that Sasuke is covering up for someone!"

   Naruto deadpans. "Sak..I don't think-"

   "Just think about it Naruto!" Sakura basically yelled at him. "That's not the Sasuke I remember! That's not the Sasuke that WE remem-!"

   "PEOPLE CHANGE, SAK!" It was finally Naruto's turn to cut the pinkette off. Sakura fell silent and looked at the blond with a hurtful look. She looks at the ground, her eyes shaded over. Sakura clenched her fist as tight as she can.

   Sakura stepped out from around her desk and began walking towards the door, "I'm not ready to give up on Sasuke." She bumped his shoulder as she made it to the door. Sakura placed her hand on the doorknob and gave Naruto a side look. "Unlike you." The pinkette swung the door open. "Come find me when you've come to your senses." She then walked out of the room and practically slammed her door shut.

   Once Sakura had returned home for the day she swung open her door to her apartment. She stormed in and slammed it shut. Sakura kept mumbling things under her breath like "I'll show him." and "He'll regret being an ass to me." She threw the manilla folder with all of Sasuke's files on her coffee table and sat down angrily. Sakura leaned forward and rested her elbows on her knees, folding her hands together. She laid her forehead on her hands and let out a heavy sigh. She sat there for a few minutes just thinking of all the possibilities of what could have happened to Sasuke. Then..an idea popped into her head. She looked up at the manila folder and opened it quickly, she flipped to the paper file that had his mugshot on it. Her eyes darted across the paper and landed on his background and family history.