🌸On That Bus pt 1🌸

[modern AU]

Digits.

Digits—that's what Sakura Haruno's life had been made of. Yet aimless, hovering numbers could only intrigue for so long before they became a white view.

This cursed ability had haunted her from the very heartbeat she began to breath, and her eyes started to function.

Digits. The amount of bonding worth a person had to your life—so many would kill for such a talent. Yet the counts above their heads drowned her life in a monotone flood.

The beginning shoved her life strong—mother's eyes had shone a bright promise. But of course, that was a lie. Her digits explained why Sakura's green, shimmering view differed from her parents of glistening blue and brown.

From the very first time I saw you, mother. You were always worth 0.

Dammit. Why was that memory coming now? It was like her raveling mind was a magnetic world, and thoughts? They were clouds that drifted closer and closer.

The bus driver; 2. Padding down the aisle, which was surely not stuffed, the vibrant Haruno selected a seat barren of strange identities.

The woman beside her, worthless. And the little girl fidgeting with the tug of the woman's sleeve? Worthless. If anyone had ever complained life was a game, oh boy were they more correct in ways variously unpredicted.

Why hadn't life just let it happen? People's stories were meant to be a ride, a fun roller-coaster that twisted and turned in such intense and thrilling routes. Yet hers was so safe and secure that there wasn't even a single bump for the cart riders to experience; as if a for children in the town festivals. Worthless.

Countless zeroes overwhelmed her sight, almost blanketing the odd one out in a thicket of dread.

Almost. Sakura thought she had nearly choked on her frigid water beverage, as the reflex this uncalled emotion ran across her body was more than enough to say she didn't need a firm pinch.

Surprise.. was that it? Was that the feeling tugging at her minuscule tears?

The one that came rushing at her like a flood clashing the shoreline of her brain. Sakura's eyes were like an unfocused, wispy camera. But soon as the lenses had hit the sign, she couldn't help but stare in awe. An infinity sign.

Hovering as if an angel halo—beaming for her very eyes. All hovering above a contrasting hue of navy.

His eyes were caressed over to what seemed as though the most intriguing book, gentle (and somewhat handsome) expression diving into the depths of it's pages.

With a jerking stop, the bus leaned it's doors open for exits and entrances. Without even glancing for the stop's destination, the young man stood to take his figure's closure.

"Uh, um, excuse me!" Shock still darting her body, Sakura slightly lunged to clutch the boy's sleeve.

Instead of the perfect, time-stopping romantic anime scene—she was met with nothing but a futile attempt. Loosely escaping her grasp within a fraction of a heartbeat, she watched in clawing horror as he walked from her sight.

Beginning to shuffle back down, her fingers swiped her bag before jolting into a swift sweep. (Talk about unintended alliteration!) Slamming her shaking fingers to the emergency press, hurry barged against her legs as the Haruno jerked with the bus's cease.

"I'm sorry!" Was her response to the young driver, who grumpily shouted at her flashing back. Briskly leaping unto the walk, Sakura cursed the day her crazed mind thought it was a good idea to purchase heels.

Sweeping them from her feet so bare skin pounded the concrete ground—she rushed forward at the same raven head and glowing infinity sign, trying hard for her view to shove away a mingle of 0's and 1's. All these people—worthless.

But there was one that was absolutely priceless. Life hadn't lead her here, that was a word invisible in her world. It was simply faith. She was here. She had this power. And now, it was lastly time to put it into good use.

Bolting across the road with the little strength Sakura herself wasn't sure she had, her rasped yell was barely caught by the young man's ears.

Craning his eyes to see Haruno at last, the man spared little to dive into her emerald eyes.

"Excuse me sir," her voice sounded lightly behind the Uchiha. But it wasn't long before her fingers vigorously met with his shoulder, pulling him down.

"But last time I checked, I wasn't yelling the hell out of my voice to get ignored for a frickin' book!" She could see his teeth clench in a wince.

His glistening eyes were finally revealed crystal clearly, as well his ears.

The ear that Sakura had torn as a bully 10 years ago.

Signing off~ Kuukuudere !