🌸Merry Miracles🌸

[fluff, minor angst]

"I can't wait to see you." Sasuke said, causing Sakura to smile as she payed the cab driver and entered the airport, suitcase in hand and phone held to her ear.

"Sasuke I've only been gone for a week!" Sakura giggled at her husband. "I have the best Christmas gift for you though, you'll love it!" She grinned, glancing down at her stomach that she had recently found out held something very precious inside it.

"Sakura.. I told you I didn't want anything. I have you and that's all I'll ever need." Sasuke replied, all seriousness. Sakura blushed, he only ever spoke like that to her and that fact alone made her heart skip a beat.

"What kind of wife would I be if I didn't get my husband a gift?!" She replied, hoping he wouldn't be able to tell she was blushing.

"You're blushing right now, aren't you?" He asked, Sakura could picture the smirk on his face.

"Of course not! I'm about to board the plane, I'll call you when I land! I love you." She said quickly, she was about to hang up until she heard Sasuke speak again.

"I love you, too." Sakura's blush immediately darkened.

She hung up and boarded the plane, putting her phone into her purse and putting her, now free, hand on her stomach, a soft smile on her lips.

----

Sakura wanted to throw up.

Scratch that, she wanted to cry.

Nope, never mind. She wanted to scream.

Actually, she wanted to do all of the above. The plane had lost an engine, because a bird decided to fly into it.. nice going bird.

The plane itself was only an hour away from the airport it was to land at, and the captains were doing everything in their power to control the rate at which the plane was descending.

All Sakura could think of doing was covering her stomach and shutting her eyes as she heard the captain speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts and prepare yourselves for an emergency landing."

----

Sasuke paced back and forth, constantly running a hand through his hair. Sakura was in surgery, as well as many of the other survivors of the crash. The pilot and co pilot were said to have died instantly upon impact, many other people who were seated at the front of the plane died as well. Sakura was in the middle, right next to the wing that had lost the engine and, after crashing, caught on fire.

Sasuke wasn't given any information on what state she was in, all he knew was that she was in serious condition.

He wasn't sure how long he had been pacing, however he did notice that when he arrived at the hospital it was broad daylight, and now it was pitch black outside. By the time he was told he could see Sakura, his legs were throbbing and he was sure the other people in the waiting room thought he was crazy.

He ran down the hallways of the hospital and towards the room he was told she was at, his heart was racing but his face only held the slightest bit of worry, if you didn't look close enough you wouldn't see it at all. Once he got to her room, he nearly fell to his knees when he saw the state she was in.

A bandage was wrapped around her head and you could easily tell that her right arm was broken, she had several other bandages along her left arm and on her face, Sasuke was sure she had many more on her legs and torso as well. Bruises and burns adorned her body, all shapes and sizes. Sasuke ran over to the side of the bed and then allowed himself to fall to his knees, teeth gritted and tears threatening to fall from his usually emotionless eyes. He wasn't sure if it was because he was relieved or because he was mad that Sakura had to suffer like that.

He knew he was mad though, because he wanted to kill the already dead bird...

Sakura's hand twitched, catching her husband's attention. Her eyes slowly peeled open, before she slowly looked around the room, trying to make sense of her surroundings.

"Sakura." Sasuke whispered, holding her hand lightly as if he was afraid to hurt her.

"Sasuke?" Sakura spoke, she looked as if she was lost. She tried to sit up but gasped as she felt a sharp pain in her head.

"Lie down, don't push yourself like that!" Sasuke quickly stood up, getting her to lie back down.

"What happened? Why am I in the hospital?" Sakura immediately questioned him.

"You were in a plane crash, remember? On your flight back home." Sasuke answered.

"Oh.." Sakura said, before franticness took over. "Oh! Sasuke, call the nurse please! Or a doctor, I need to ask them something now!" She almost yelled, wide eyed and on the verge of tears.

Sasuke didn't know why Sakura seemed so scared, but because she was, he began to feel a small bit of fear grow in the pit of his stomach.

Sasuke nodded, wasting no time in kissing his wife on the forehead and running out of the room to find her a doctor or nurse to answer her questions. He didn't like how scared she looked, and he knew being in that state was bad for her health.

As he left, Sakura attempted to keep herself from crying as she took deep breaths, rubbing her stomach.

Sasuke was back within minutes, a tired yet worried doctor following close behind.

"What seems to be the problem, Mrs, Uchiha?" The Doctor asked, reading over the information of her injuries.

Sakura's injuries were similar to the other patients from the plane crash, however there was one fact that stood out to her. "Ah, I see. You want to know if your baby is alright?" The doctor asked.

"Baby?!" Sasuke spoke up from behind the doctor, looked between the two as if the answer to his question would pop up on one of their faces.

"Yes, please!" Sakura replied, finally allowing her tears to fall.

"Your baby is fine, ma'am. You don't need to worry, just focus on recovering." She smiled, leaving the room as she could tell Sakura had some explaining to do. Sakura sighed it relief,  giving her husband a watery smile.

"Sakura? Baby?" Sasuke said, looking at his wife.

"I was going to surprise you with the news on Christmas.. I guess you got your gift a little early.." Sakura said. "I'm pregnant!"

Sasuke stood still for a minute, before a small smile took over his face as well. He walked over to his wife and put a hand on her stomach, allowing his smile to turn into a grin.

"I'm going to be a father."

____
By konohaguild

I'm finally on break 😩😩 I rushed this wHoOpS but I hope y'all liked it!