🌸Her Lie Part 5🌸

[high school AU, bittersweet]

SAKURA

Today's the day. I practiced night and day in preparation for this moment. I know the competition doesn't start until about three hours later, but I need to get my practice in on the grand piano.

I pulled my hoodie over my head and scanned through my closet. Appearance is everything. So I settled on a simple, black dress that fell to the floor. I put it on, applied makeup, and stumbled out the door to my car.

I knew it. I can't believe I'd forget something as important as that. Before I left, I felt the need to write it down before I forget again. So that's what I did. Also so that maybe one day, Sasuke could know what this really means to me. And I'm not talking about the music scholarship or the competition.

I drove out onto the main road and within only a few minutes, I'm glad I wrote it down. Because that's the last thing I remembered before my life had completely changed...

_________________

SASUKE

"How about this?"

"Nuh-uh. I don't think blue's your color."

"Of course it is, damn it!" I shouted and threw the necktie into the rejected pile on the floor, "then you pick a tie for me to wear!"

My over-zealous older brother waltzed over to my closet and pulled out a black necktie, "here."

"You're kidding me..." I muttered, "Itachi, what the hell?! That's the one I didn't want to wear!"

"Don't be ridiculous." Itachi rolled his eyes, which only made me more and more annoyed with him, "this is classy. Besides, I think this is the same one you wore a few years ago at your last piano competition. Isn't that ironic?"

"Hn..." I grabbed the cloth from him and turned to the mirror.

"By the way..." He continued, "how did you wind up going to this piano competition, anyway?"

"A friend."

"Oh, a friend?"

"She invited me."

"Oh, it's a 'she'?"

"Shut up. She's dating Naruto."

"... Oh. And here I thought I'd get to do some third-wheeling."

I internally groaned, "no, that's my job..."

"How fun." He smiled sarcastically, "well, you're going to be late. So go out and have a good time."

"Yeah, yeah." I stared at my tie in the mirror then ripped it off, "Itachi! This necktie is from three years ago! Of course, it's going to be too small!"

"Oh, oops."

I grumbled to myself until the vibration of my phone on my bed caught my attention. I picked it up and cleared my throat, "Hello?"

___________________

SASUKE

I ran through the hallway until I reached the waiting room, "Naruto!"

The blonde stood up from his chair, "Sasuke, good you came."

"What the hell happened?!"

"She..."

I followed his gaze to the shut double doors of the emergency room. The way his voice trailed off, I was bracing myself for the worst.

"Her car got hit. It flipped over the safety rails of the road and she was trapped underwater for about ten minutes before someone came and saved her."