🌸 A Detective Never Lies- Part 1 🌸

[detective AU, mystery]

A certain pinkette sat in a cushioned chair as she waited for the meeting to be over. She had her chin in the palm of her hand as she had a bored looking expression on her face. "Haruno." Someone called out. "You have the Uchiha case."

    Her eyes widened as she recalled that name."U-uchiha?" She asked. "Are you sure that's the case you want me on?" Sweat started to form on her brow as she slowly stood up.

    Sheriff Hatake looked at her with the same bored expression she had on earlier and then he smiled. His eyes not wavering from their bored state though. He had the tendency to look very creepy if he wanted too. "Meet me in my office to get the paperwork."

    Sakura sighed. The meeting went on and Sakura wasn't very happy. After the meeting, Sakura did as told and went straight to Sheriff Hatake's office.

   "Here." He said as he leaned over his desk and handed the pinkette a manila folder. She took it from him and opened it, flipping through all the papers.

   'What happened to you the last time we met..Sasuke.' She thought as she skimmed the papers of their contents. A frown clear on her face.

   Kakashi cleared his throat. "We know your history with the Uchiha. So we thought it best that you take on this case." He sat back in his chair and crossed his right leg over his left. "We believe you can do it." Kakashi gave Sakura a closed eyed smile.

- - -

   The pinkette took a sip from her coffee as she leaned forward on her coach. Files were spread out across her coffee table. "Sasuke Uchiha. 25 years of age. Already has committed 15 cases of manslaughter just this year alone." She sighed as she rubbed her tired eyes. "Sasuke...what have you become..?" She asked herself.

   All of a sudden, a crash was heard from her kitchen. "Damn it! What's that?" She got up from her sofa, setting her coffee on the table. She silently grabbed her gun off of the table and crept her way to the kitchen entrance way. She side bumped her swing door as hard as she could and pointed her gun, aiming it around her kitchen. "What the-?" She asked herself as she lowered her gun. Her window was shattered and a rock was on the ground surrounded by glass. The pinkette's eyes averted back to the window and she ran to it, peeking out. Sakura saw a shadow disappear around a corner. "Shoot.." She muttered angrily to herself.

   The detective jumped out of the window and onto the ledge without any of her gear, she was going into this chase blind. She quickly ran down the metal path that was placed outside her window and turned the same corner the perpentrator* did. She saw them climb down a ladder and she ran as fast as she could. She reached the ladder and jumped down, scanning her surroundings but they was gone. It's like they disappeared into thin air. "Where are-?" She didn't even get to finish her sentence. She was pushed up against a wall, her feet weren't even touching the ground anymore. Someone was holding her up by her neck. Sakura gasped for air as she tried to free the person clenching her neck. The pinkette darted her eyes everywhere but her attacker. Her gun was laying on the ground just a few feet away from them. Finally, she had the courage to look them in the eyes. Their eyes were as black as night and the hair that was showing from under their hood was the same exact color. "Don't look for me." They seethed.

   Sakura's eyes widened. "S-sasuke?" She gasped out.

   The person known as Sasuke moved his face closer to hers. He repeated himself. "Don't look for me. I know that you have my case, Sakura." He loosened his grip on her neck. "I don't appreciate being tracked down by an old friend.."He seethed as he threw her to the side. She extended her hands in front of her body to help cushion her fall. "This is your only and final warning." And with the blink of an eye, he had disappeared into the night.

   The pinkette gasped for hair as she reached for her neck. It was sore and she was sure there would be a bruise there in the morning. Sakura couldn't speak after the events that had just taken place. She lifted herself off the ground and sauntered over to where her gun was located. She picked it up and shoved it into her belt, then made her trek* back home.

- - -

   Sakura finally opened the door to her apartment and slammed the door shut. She made her way to her room and slammed that door shut as well. There was silence, not a sound was being made. She slid to her knees and sat on the ground, tears slowly streamed down her face. Without a second thought, she let out a monstrous* scream. She screamed until her throat her. She screamed until she couldn't scream anymore.

   She finally stopped her horrible outburst and then it went back to the horrendous silence that Sakura detested* so much. The tears would not stop falling as she stayed in her place on the ground just staring into nothingness.

- - -

   The morning started off just like any other. Hinata and Neji were hanging out by the coffee machine as they took sips from their own cup. Kiba was sitting with his dog Akamaru in his office. Naruto was ranting on about nothing important to his co-workers, whilst Kakashi was trying to stop him. Was Sakura all cheery like the rest of them? The answer is no, she wasn't. The events that befell* her last night were still running through her mind. Was this really her only option? The Sasuke Uchiha who was popular in high school and captain of the football team was now a murderous criminal. That couldn't be the case...maybe..unless he's covering someone else's tracks...

- - - -
[Author's Note]
Hi everyone! This is ImperfectlyInfinite here! I've been really inactive with my one shots lately so I finally decided that I would put my work in to this account! I hope you like this little plot I thought up and part 2 will be out next month!

Random Fan of the day for my one shot today is...!

IdayuMatYunan

Thank you so much with keeping up with our one shots and I hope you read more over them!

-ImperfectlyInfinite