🌸Her Lie🌸

[high school AU, angst, fluff, funny]

An ordinary day of high school meant exactly as it sounded.

Only difference?

The dobe wasn't late for once.

But it's the first day of school. By tomorrow, he's going to be as late as my passed grandfather. Just watch.

"So, welcome to the first day of Senior year, children." Our enthusiastic, new homeroom teacher yawned, scribbling the words in chalk on the chalkboard, "prepare to die."

I love this guy.

"Ah, excuse me, Kakashi-Sensei!" My best friend's hand shot up. Imagine a rocket. That'd be about accurate. He nearly threw himself out of his seat, "are you still single?"

There were some silent yet audible chuckles in the room as the Hatake just stood at the front of the room, staring at Naruto Uzumaki. A smile spread onto his face behind his mask as he replied, "you're a senior in high school now. Are you still single?"

The 'oohs' erupted from the classroom as Naruto slumped lower in his chair.

"Now." Kakashi set the chalk down and clapped his hands together, "you kids run along now. I've already held you long enough to make you guys late. Have a nice first day."

Thanks to him, we all got late referrals to class. I knew I chose the right teacher for homeroom.

I quickly paced down the hallway to get to the other side of the building with the hopes that I wouldn't be late for my next class.

"Hey you! Yeah you! Don't think I didn't recognize you!"

Who, me?

I turn around and see a crowd of girls. Sadly, not around me. Not my problem, not my place to go talk to them. Besides, I was late as is, so I continued on my merry way.

In this school, it's hard to know who anyone is. It's so big, You hear a name, and you barely remember them, because that's the only time you see them. Naruto has been my best friend since we were little. That's a different story. Other than him, I have no other acquaintances in the school, and I don't need any.

The moment I stepped foot into the History classroom, the bell rang, and the teacher at the front of the room chuckled.

"Nice timing, Uchiha."

Of course he knew me. This guy's my uncle, Madara Uchiha. I silently took my usual seat in the back.

As I'd noted before, I don't really know anyone here, and from my appearance, no one normally approaches me first. I get a good handful of girls, though. Either way, I'm not complaining.

"Psst, hey, you're Sasuke Uchiha, right?"

I peeked over to the fish sitting next to me. Well, his appearance reminded me of a fish. His white hair, buggy purple eyes, and sharp teeth, "what about him?"

"I just thought you were the coolest ever!" He whispered, "I mean, you're pretty popular around here, didn't you know? Everyone's talking about you."

"I never hear it."

"Well, behind your back, that is." He smiled his toothy grin, "my name's Suigetsu. Can I call you Sasuke?"

"No."

"Ay, Sasuke! I know we'll get along great!"

Feelings weren't mutual, if I wanted to be honest. But I suppose I can drag him around for a little while. Maybe I can send him on errands for me?