Part 23

• Dedicated to The people of Sydney

--------------------11pm that night-------------------

Dear Diary, 

Everything is so terrifying. I was woken not by Kate but the sound of glass breaking. It sounded faint but we all heard it. "Oh my God!" I whispered to myself. Kate came rushing through to my bedroom. She was as equally as terrified. William eventually came through and Maria with a sleeping George. "William! She's come for Dayna!" Kate whispered. 

Eventually PC Kinn came in. We had all got dressed and had our luggage ready. The alarms were eventually set off. We were rushed out with bodyguards around us. I couldn't see Anna but that didn't matter. But then, something was pushe into me. I saw her! Anna was screaming my name but I was dragged out. 

I got into the Range Rover and we sped off with the Governor behind us in a follow up car. I held into Kate. I was shaking like a nervous wreck. "I saw her. I saw Anna. She was after me" I cried gently. Kate and I hugged each other. We had no idea where we were going. Probably to the airport and fly to another region in Australia. 

However we weren't driven to the airport. Instead we arrived at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney. We were given the royal suite and  the staff were put in public rooms. Our location has been kept secret so no one can find out. Kate, William, George and I reside in the 5 bedroom royal suite. Maria resides one floor down. Our bedrooms were like this: William and Kate a joint room, I reside next door and George, the room after that. 

And my bedroom had a view of the Opera House so Kate was pretty jealous but in a joking way. Our three bedroom hotel room which had 5 beds in it, well 4 and 1 crib for George, was well off to accomodate us all. Maria came up and watched BBC News with us. I was terrified, so Kate and I held hands and leaned on one another. 

It was all over the world that we had been attaked. We are not allowed to stay at Admiralty House for the rest of the tour and the rest of our residences are to be changed as it was already published where we would be staying. So we've got to leave the hotel discreetly so no one can get photographs of us. 

At first we were sure the paparazzi would follow us but what will do is after every engagement, we will go into a hotel and change cars. Or we will go in a helicopter so that they lose chase. We sat talking for a while. Maria even though she speaks English, we speak a lot in different languages. Tonight it was Spanish. 

Here was our Spanish conversation:

Key - 

DM - Me

Maria - Maria

DM: Era aterrador tener que evacuar. ¿Es George ok? (It was terrifying having to evacuate. Is George ok? )

Maria: Oh, él está bien. Lloró un poco por el ruido, pero él está bien. Él ha establecido. (Oh he is fine. He cried a tiny bit because of the noise but he is fine. He has settled down.)

DM: Eso es bueno escuchar. Y hablando en español está mejorando mis idiomas. (That is good to hear. And speaking in Spanish is really improving my languages.)

Maria:  Oh estoy de acuerdo! Lo has hecho muy bien con su Maori en Nueva Zelanda. El francés es el más fuerte me parece. (Oh I agree! You did really well with your Maori in New Zealand. French is your strongest I think.)

DM: Oh es definitivamente (Oh it definitely is). 

After our Spanish conversation, Maria headed downstairs. I stayed and talked with William and Kate. Our conversation went like this:

Key - 

W - William

K - Kate

D - Me

W: Why would Anna try and do this?

D - She constantly told me that I was her little sister and she never tried to hurt me. Says her, she used to slap me all the time. 

K - Did you tell the police? 

D - I did. I told PC Beaton when he asked if Anna was violent. Besides all of the fame has helped her track me down.

W - She'll need to get past the bodyguards first! 

D - If she wants me, she'll have to come and get me. We need to keep our locations secret and make sure our residences are under high security. 

K  - PC Kinn is in charge of that and he said he'll make sure we are in secret locations now. 

D - Yes hopefully. 

That night, it took us all a while to settle down as we had been shaking with fear. During the night, I heard a knock at my door in the royal suite and Kate came in, wearing her night-gown as it was so warm. "Are you asleep?" Kate asked. I rolled over and shook my head. "No" I whispered. Kate climbed into my bed and we cuddled into each other. 

"I'm so scared" Kate was trembling. I had never seen her so scared in her life. "So am I. We'll need to hide it when we are out in public" I told her. She nodded. We slept peacefully in each other's comfort and we were set for engagements the next day.