Part 91

Dear Diary, 

Today I continued my horse riding. As it was warm, I put on some light jodhpurs and a white strap top. I also put my hair in a ponytail. 

I fed Dansuese this morning before I put on his saddle and rode him to meet Anne. Zara wasn't here today. I practised my riding until we got onto horse safety. Eventually later today, we went onto jumping. 

Now this was fun. "When you near a jump, lean forward and Dansuese shall jump over. The second his hooves get on the ground, sit straight back up" Anne instructed me. I readied Dansuese. 

"Ok Dansuese. Are you ready?" I whispered to him. He neighed back at me and I patted him. "Good boy" I smiled. We galloped towards the jump and I leaned forward. We went over it cleanly and I rode on a bit until I stopped him. I heard Anne clapping. "WELL DONE!" she cheered. I rode back to where she was standing and I was then allowed to practise that. 

I spent about an hour practising jumping before I walked Dansuese back to the stables and went and phoned Kate. Our conversation went a bit like this:

Key-

D- Me

K- Kate

D- Hello Kate?

K- Hey Dayna! How's the horse riding coming?

D- Oh it's doing great. I just learned jumping. 

K- Well done! Not got hurt yet?

D- No not yet and I hope not any time soon

K- (laughs) yes I hope so too. 

D- How's things going at the palace? How's William and George?

K- Oh their fine. George misses you a lot. Did I tell you that I was taking him swimming?

D- No I don't think so

K- He's learning at the Buckingham Palace pool. I go swimming with him. 

D- That will be good for him. 

K- Yes it will

D- Well I'll call you later

K- Ok then. Bye for now

D- Bye for now

Phone call ended

I hung up before I dashed back downstairs and got Dansuese. "I'm starving. You hungry too Dansuese?" I patted him. He neighed so I fetched him some food. "Oats it is then". Our conversation reminded me a bit of when Merida was with Angus, her own horse. I fetched Angus some oats before I headed inside and grabbed a green apple. 

I sat in the stable with Dansuese except I sat on a bucket. Dansuese had finished his oats and I took one bit of my apple. He neighed again. "Oh alright then" I chuckled. I held him the apple and he ate it. I laughed. "I suppose I should take you for a ride" I smiled. I put on his saddle and I rode him out of the stables. 

I rode him to the free area where we could go free. We rode wildly around there before we came to a stop. Dansuese took a drink from the trough that was there before we rode to the jumping paddock. We practised our jumps and once again we were successful. 

Today was a good day. I guess I am turning into Jackie Kennedy. I really hope that one day I can be like her and own a horse farm. Especially in Rhode Island as that's where Hammersmith Farm was. Or in Massachusetts, near Hyannis Port. 

More soon!