Part 35

• Dedicated to The marriage of William and Kate

Dear Diary, 

Today was William and Kate's anniversary! Today was amazing. I looked in my wardrobe for what I could wear. I then put on a Limited Edition cream coloured, Loop bead layer dress from Topshop. I also put on some white flats. 

I gave William and Kate the gift and they loved it. They sat it on the mantlepiece in the drawing room and we admired most of today. And I met some new people today. I met Kate's family. They came to London for the anniversary and we had lunch. 

James didn't come as he was apparantley busy but Pippa came along. Pippa is just like Kate. Pretty, smart, kind and got a great sense of style. I found it pretty awkward talking to Kate's parents but Pippa, I just opened up. We just sat and talked for hours! 

The Middletons arrived at 9am on the dot. I shook their hands and I was introduced to them. Carole and Kate went off and so did William and Mike but Pippa and I sat in the drawing room and talked. It was pretty awkward at the start but we then started to get more comfortable. 

"Well I guess, it is very nice to meet you" I smiled. Pippa laughed. "Oh thank you. Dayna do you love fashion?" Pippa asked me. "Of course I do. I love vintage things with my style icon being Jackie Kennedy and at times Marilyn Monroe. I admire Kate and your style too" I told her. "Thank you. I guess Jackie Kennedy does have a nice style. What is your favourite fashion brand?" Pippa smiled. 

Now that was tricky. What was my favourite fashion brand? "Well I love Chanel and I like L.K Bennett and Reiss too. I have my own sort of designer, her name is Katie Rhea. She has a workshop in Kensington. If I have an idea of clothes I want, I take it along to Katie and she makes it a reality" I smiled. 

Pippa seemed amazed. "Wow. I usually shop in Alexander McQueen and I like Issa and Hobbs too. Kate and I sort of share style". "Yes, I like those shops too. And I do like Topshop and if I say so, Hollister too" I confessed. 

"I guess you could wear Topshop for smart events too but not too formal" Pippa suggested. "Yes you can" I added. Eventually the anniversary lunch, or to practise my French, le déjuner d'anniversaire, was served. 

First course was guacamole with tomatoes. I found it too much for my liking. Like the squid at the dinner in New Zealand, it's not normally on my menu, so I had to quickly ask to leave the table before I spat it all up. Kate was very worried. "Dayna are you ok? Do you want me to come with you?" She asked me. 

"Oh no, I'll be fine" I smiled. I walked out the room and then ran as soon as I shut the door. I dashed upstairs to my bathroom in my bedroom. I threw back my hair and threw up the starter in the toilet. Now that dish sits on my list of One of the many foods that will make me sick. However I returned downstairs and took my place at the table beside Kate. 

Second course, seemed much better. It was salmon with salsa verde. Now it was delicious and I didn't have to run out. However third course, dessert, was delicious. Chocolate gateau. Usually, if William, Kate and I have a bit of chocolate cake, we usually stuff our faces and laugh when we have chocolate all over our faces. Instead we acted formal and took little bites at a time. 

The Middletons left at around 4pm. Then I suggested that I leave William and Kate to enjoy a glass of wine and a movie for their anniversary but they had other ideas. Before I knew it, I was in some black skinny jeans and a monocrombe print throw on jacket from Topshop and we were going for a walk in the Gardens. 

I was gorgeous. I said I was spoiling it for them but William said that it was the whole point of the walk, to have a nice evening. We returned at around 7pm. It was beautiful evening. I got into my pyjamas and Kate and I on my windowseat looking out over the Gardens. The sun was setting and it was a beautiful atmosphere.