Part 12

• Dedicated to Government House

Dear Diary, 

Today, April 8th, we had a day off. We've got a good engagement tomorrow. We don't need to go anywhere and it's a great photo oppurtunity for George. Tomorrow, we have our second big engagement but it's George's first! George is tomorrow having a special playgroup in his honour. It's a playdate, being held at Government House. 

We're scheduled to meet 10 other families, who all have babies born within a few weeks of George. I will be able to attend. 

Now I mentioned today was a day off, well not this morning. I was woken at 3am by George crying. I'm actually surprised that he's not woken us up by singing The Bohemian Rhapsody. Honestly, he was crying so loudly and Maria sleeps in the room next door so she had to get up. I offered to help as I was awake but she said I should get back to bed. 

Now I drifted off to sleep and I'm glad I did. It was meant to be a day off, but they wanted to do photoshoots around Government House of the royals and me. We mostly had them taken out of the lawn as it was a nice day. There was 32 degrees in heat so we had many photos of us in jeans and short t-shirts or crop tops. 

There is one of my silohuette running down the lawn and my hair is blowing. I love it and so does the Internet as it's been shared by over 2000 New Zealanders alone! And because it's Government House, we can have privacy. I don't just love it here because it's warm, but it is safe. 

All four of us have to be kept safe. Government House is ideal. To me, it's a private world where no one can get to us unless they have to. I mean we've been hounded by photographers, I don't know how many times. Don't we deserve a chance to be just people, not royalty? 

And where my room is, I get plenty of sunlight. And Kate and I have been relaxing on the lawn all day. And of course, we've been taking photoshoots too. There has been some inside, where have changed into something slightly more formal but it is still casual. 

And speaking of clothes, I've picked out my outfit for tomorrow. As it will be a casual engagement, I've picked out a 60s green mini dress. It fills well and is perfect for warm weather. I'll probably wear some black flats with it and my hair down. 

That's all for today