Part 88

• Dedicated to Glasgow Commonwealth Games

Dear Diary,

Tonight was the night of the Commonwealth Games. Well the Opening Ceremony anyway. It started around 9pm and we sat and watched it while unwrapping George's presents.

In my opinion it wasn't as grand as London 2012 but I think it was more personal and friendly than elaborate and expensive.

It basically was a full Scottish ceremony. I found it touching as my ancestors came from Scotland. It started off with big celebration before they welcomed in Lilibet.

We cheered as she came in, riding in what I call the Queenly limousine. I was kind of disappointed she didn't come in the way she did at the Olympics, via helicopter accompanied iby Daniel Craig. But I guess that was tjust a one off.

We started unwrapping the presents as they brought in countries as that is usually the long and boring part. I guess this will be a very sporting week for me.

In two days I start horse riding with Zara until I meet William and Kate at Dumfries House in Ayrshire a matter of hours before we watch the Games. I don't know what event we'll be seeing but I'm sure we'll be watching something good and we'll get good seats too.

I've never been such a big sporting event before. I watched the Olympics at home. I wanted to watch them on the big screens but my sister changed the locks so I couldn't go out (unless it was for school) and even if I did, I wouldn't get back in. However I did enjoy it. I celebrated like crazy whenever Team GB won a medal.

But anyway, we started unwrapping George's many thousands of presents when the countries were coming in. When unwrapping the presents, each of us got a paper cut somewhere. Mainly on our fingertips. However we stopped unwrapping when the European countries came in. We cheered on when England came in but I was on my feet screaming when Scotland came in.

We then realised that George was upstairs but William sneaked up and it turns out he was already awake as he was needing changed. But tonight was crazy as we celebrated most of tonight. We eventually cracked open some champagne. We had it out of paper cuts but we didn't mind. We were going to toast the games.

"To Scotland, and to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow" I raised my cup and toasted it. "Woo-hoo!" Kate clapped as she took a massive gulp. "Commonwealth!" Kate started chanting. "Commonwealth! Commonwealth! Commonwealth!" we chanted most of that until Scotland came and we went mental!

That's all for now.

PS: Jack doesn't really get all of this excitement as he is in America where part of the Commonwealth until they became independent and free from Britain on 4th July 1776.