Part 93

Dear Diary,

Today I flew to Glasgow to watch the Commonwealth Games. Anne said she'd look after Dansuese until I returned and I was happy with that. While waiting for the helicopter, I tried to phone Jack but he wasn't picking up. I tried about 5 times but nothing but answer machines. I'm afraid in case he doesn't want to speak to me anymore and his love for me is dead.

But anyway, I flew to Dumfries House at 9am this morning. It's the first time I've stayed here and it is just like Sandringham. In the heart of the Ayrshire countryside with a river flowing nearby and plenty of trees and grass, it is very peaceful. It is a tourist attraction but the house was closed off when we were in residence.

For me it reminded me greatly of the White House. Antique furniture, wonderfully refurbished, it was gorgeous. There is the public rooms below us but our private apartments are upstairs. They are very cosy. My bedroom is like my bedroom at Anmer Hall and it is right next door to William and Kate's so it very personal.

I spent about an hour admiring the public rooms before settling in my new bedroom. I tried to phone Jack again but he didn't pick up.

When I got upstairs and saw Kate I ran to her! "KATE!" I screamed. "DAYNA!" Kate ran as fast as her legs would carry her and she and I hugged the biggest hug imaginable.

Before we could talk we were told to get ready for today. I got into the outfit for today. I put on some black skinny jeans and a matching blazer. With that, some Breton stripes.

Kate wore a similar outfit but she loved it. "You look great in that colour" I smiled. Kate blushed. "Thank you!" she admired my compliment.

We went in a Range Rover to the area where the helicopter was. When we were inside, Kate and I sat and I told her about my equestrian skills. She seemed very impressed.

Eventually after about half an hour, we arrived at a helicopter pad across from the Glasgow Science Centre and near the Transport Museum.

We went in a short car journey to the SSE HYDRO Arena where we would watch gymnastics. We got some of the best seats in the house. The arena has hosted many concerts and sporting events since it opened and inside it was a great atmosphere. Ut felt like being back in London during the Olympics. The weather was warm and everyone just seemed to be in a good mood and felt quite patriotic to be British.

Meanwhile while we waited for the event to start, they played music through the loud speakers. I'm just glad I chose suitable shoes as I was up dancing to the Proclaimers' 500 Miles while waiting for it to start. I'll say this about Scotland. Whenever that song comes on, it's like being at one massive party. Everyone went nuts and the spotting hadn't even started.

But afterwards, the crowd died down but the atmosphere of joy lasted.

For today, I was seated between Kate and Harry and most photos, I was sitting with my blazer off, showing off my Breton stripes and as Kate puts it: my slender arms.

When it started, I watched in wonder as the gymnasts did their amazing skills in front of my very eyes. It was wonderful. As it was rhythm gymnastics, they spun and flipped and twirled on the ground and in the air. What made it even more beautiful was the patterns on the colourful leotards and the matching ribbons they swirled and swished around with them.

Although everyone knew we were in the city, we tried to keep a low profile but eventually we were shown off on the big screen and everyone clapped for us. I giggled a little afterwards. Because William said he was scared in case him and Kate were picked up the 'Kiss-Cam'.

But we still enjoyed it. I was disappointed that it was over but we then went to watch the boxing in the SECC Arena which I didn't really like. The SECC Arena is only maybe a minute walk away from the HYDRO. It is quite bigger but doesn't look as modern as the other arena. But then again it's had its fair share of concerts and sporting events.

I didn't really enjoy the boxing. I never really understood the sport. Not only that it brought back memories when my sister tried to use me as a punchbag to practise the sport, which she was quite fond of. However we (especially William and Harry) went crazy when England's Fitzgerald won.

But we then went to the National Hockey Centre near Glasgow Green to watch a hockey match.

Kate and I who are big fans of hockey, were desperate to join in. I said we could maybe crowd surf to the front and then jump onto the field. Kate laughed at this before jokingly asking William to give her a boost.

After the hockey, we returned to the helicopter and flew back to Dumfries House. We returned inside and had a short meal. That evening, Kate and I took a stroll in the gardens. We caught up before just having some casual chat. Tonight was wonderful. As Kate and I strolled, it was starting to turn from day into a sunset. The sky bloomed in the radiant colours of pink and red and orange and we could see a glimpse of the sun on the horizon. There were a few traces of blue left but it was nearly gone.

We returned to the private rooms at about 9pm. When I was getting into my pyjamas, my phone went. I picked it up and it was Jack.

"Jack?" I asked in disbelief. "I'm sorry I couldn't call but I was studying and in classes and everything. University stuff, you know" Jack explained it to me.

I nodded and replied with a yes. "I thought you..." I started, "Didn't love me anymore" I sighed. I heard Jack cry slightly over the phone. "But I would never do that. I love you". He told me the truth. When he was crying, I knew he was telling the truth.

Whenever he says those 3 words made up of 8 letters, my heart aches. I began to cry. "I love you too" I cried.

"Hey. Hey. Don't cry" Jack made me smile. "Okay".