Part 42

Dear Diary, 

I checked my Hermes date book today and it said we leave New York to go to Washington on the 15th. Today is the 8th so we have a week left. I went round to Jack's house and he presented me with the gift he got me. It was a replica of the brooch Jackie Kennedy wore to Canada. It was gorgeous. 

I had to head back to the hotel. Our phone there was going crazy. A lot of phone calls and engagements are in the making. I gave Jack a kiss goodbye before I headed back in the car. Our schedule is really busy. There is also a lot of rumours. There is rumours of Kate being pregnant again. Well she hasn't told me, so I can't confirm if they are true or not. 

And we of course have lots of work to do with Amner Hall. Kate has tried picking up some furniture here in America and it has been flown over to London and transported to Amner Hall. 

And some big news! We have one major trip to go on. For the 70th anniversary of D-Day, we are going to Normandy for a few days for D-Day celebrations. We will be in France from June 5th to June 7th. And we'll be staying in Paris! I am so excited as France is one of those countries I've always wanted to see. And William and Kate said they'll stay behind a couple of days for us to do some sight-seeing and a bit of shopping and eating. 

The visit will begin with a ceremonial arrival and welcome by the French President Francois Hollande at the Arc de Triomphe. That will be followed by meetings at The Elysee. Then later, there will be a garden party celebrating the visit hosted by the British Ambassador to France at the British Residence in Paris. 

For D-Day celebrations, we're going shopping for our D-Day wardrobe. Later today, Bergdorf and Goodman stayed open for a few more hours, while we picked up a few things.

I picked up three new Prada bags, three Saffiano Vernice Mini Double - Zip Crossbody bags, one blue, one red and one black. For the ceremonial welcome, I picked a few things from Stella McCartney and for the garden party, well I had to choose well. I decided to pick out a nice dress. I picked out a sleeveless shift dress from Dolce & Gabbana. 

During the trip we would also be meeting veterans at a tea party in the town of Arromanches before attending the D-Day services. I looked through my wardrobe when I got back to the hotel and found some things I could use for the service. 

We were ready for the trip to France now. And what's more Lilibet and Charles and Camilla would be coming too! So it would be like a family holiday.