Part 4

• Dedicated to Queen Elizabeth II

Dear Diary, 

I woke up this morning and I was really excited. Today William was taking me to meet the Queen! Kate and George were coming too! After breakfast, Danielle did my hair nice and I then dashed to my wardrobe. Because I was meeting the Queen, I had to dress smart. I put on a nice L.K Bennett outfit and Kate helped me out. 

She helped me pick out my outfit and even down to the bag I would take. I decided not to take my phone today. "A car will be coming to pick us up at 11am" William told us. Kate and I sat in the gorgeous lounge of Apartment 1a waiting for the car. The living room had lots of gold and red in it. It was mostly modern but did have antiques in it. 

Just like the rest of the place, it had priceless artworks from the Royal Collection hanging on the walls and on display. And there was also a few books scattered about the place. There was also a gorgeous rug and there was a piano and a telescope at the window. There was also lots of modern stuff too, such as a large TV, and there was also an Xbox One!

It was mainly modern and had small bits of vintage style and antiques. Eventually William came in and told us that the car was here. It wasn't the fancy kind of car, Kate and I were in the last time we went out. It was a black Range Rover. There was a bodyguard in the front. William took the front seat and Kate, George and I sat in the back. 

Kate and I were in the window seats and George was strapped in the middle. I took his little hand and he smiled at me. Kate giggled as I smiled at George. I was really nervous. "Don't worry. There will be nothing to worry about" William smiled at me. I felt reassured. Eventually the car started up and we set off. 

The security gates opened and we set off for Buckingham Palace. Luckily it was only a short drive away. There was several people out on the street, looking and pointing at the car and were waving. "You should wave" William told us. I waved out the window and people waved back. George let go of my hand and moved his hand, as if he was waving so Kate and I giggled even more. 

Eventually, we pulled up to Buckingham Palace and the Range Rover, went through the gates. We then pulled into the inner courtyard and we all got out the car. William carried in George and Kate and I went up the steps together. "This was where, you and William had went in at your wedding before going out onto the balcony" I smiled. 

Kate nodded. "It was yes. I loved that day more than any other day of my life" Kate smiled. She took my hand and smiled. "You'll be fine". When we got inside, Buckingham Palace was spectacular. Out of all the royal places I had visited, I had never been here, not even in the open tours!

The palace glittered like gold and was every-inch the monarch's home. We headed up the Grand Staircase and into the Throne Room. I saw the Queen and Prince Phillip sitting and we all lined up. Since Kate was holding George, she was pardoned from curtsying. However I curtsied anyway. 

"Good morning William. How are you this morning?" The Queen asked William. "I am quite fine, Your Majesty" William put his hands together and held them low. The Queen nodded slowly. "Good morning Catherine. How are you?" The Queen turned to Kate. "I am quite fine as well, Your Majesty" Catherine bowed her head slightly. 

The Queen then turned to me. "And good morning to you too Dayna. How are you?". The Queen was speaking to ME! I had to act polite as I couldn't start yawning and everything and be like 'Oh I'm tired'. I smiled and cleared my throat. "Oh, I am quite fine, Your Majesty" I smiled. The Queen smiled and me and got up and walked towards me. 

She shook my hand and casually introduced herself. "I know you may have the tendancy to call me The Queen or Your Majesty, but if you wish, you can call me ELizabeth or Lilibet" Lilibet smiled at me. I grinned back. "Well, it is a pleasure... Lilibet" I smiled. Lilibet laughed at me and smiled. "Oh that is really nice, to have the old nickname again" Lilibet smiled. 

Eventually, we headed to the State Dining Room for lunch. However beforehand, George was taken back to Kensington Palace so he could be fed and looked after by his nanny, Jesse. 

However we all sat down to lunch. I felt like it was dinner. We were served three courses and all of them were delicious! First course was vegetable soup and weirdly with meatballs. It was delicious, that was the main thing. Then vegetables with roast beef, quiche, a tiny bit of sushi, gateau, cream, chocolates and for the adults, wine! I however was dumped a massive glass of Shloer! 

Everyone laughed as I gulped down a massive load! It was so funny at Buckingham Palace. 

We had such a great time. At 2pm, after lunch, we left the dining hall and throne room and went around to the other area of the palace at the front. We soon entered the balcony room. I looked up at the massive doors that served as doors onto the balcony. Would I really be stepping out here? 

The next thing I knew was, I was being told to step out onto the balcony. I waved and people cheered when I stepped on. A large group of girls screamed and waved wildly at me. I smiled and waved at them. 

I settled into bed easily after all of the excitement!