Part 87

Dear Diary,

Today was George's birthday! We all woke and we took the birthday boy downstairs. We sat his gifts around him and William and Kate were overwhelmed! They loved my gifts to him and they greatly loved Jack's! There is now a new photograph on the Internet of George with the pedal aeroplane and he loves it.

The party was very quiet I guess but exciting at the same time. It was all organisized by Kate, William and Carole. When George was to be born, the party was already in planning! Because they didn't know the sex of the child, they planned a Beatrix Potter theme to avoid two things: disappointment and embarassment. It is also the same theme as George's nursery.

There was a few of William and Kate's friends there who's children played around George. There was pictures and party things around to stick with the Peter Rabbit theme. And of course that was helped by Carole and Michael with their company Party Pieces and not only that, it helped advertise the company with their new stock.

Of course there was also the usual guests. Lilibet and Mou (my nickname for Philip and the 1st 3 letters of his surname Mountbatten) but Charles and Camilla weren't there as they're in Scotland carrying out official duties.

I must also mention there was also British elements around the place too. With Union Flags and little crowns and things to make it royal, even a little throne which George could sit on! I would say my help with the planning came along well too!

Everyone gathering around George and the TV on a lot, listening to the tributes being thrown at the 1 year old baby prince. Of course the Middletons were there and it was very pleasant. I got to hold George as he began to lunge at Pippa. At one point, I actually gave it and gave him to Pippa and he began to settle down.

I sneaked upstairs to phone Jack and I told him how Kate and William loved his present and he knew they would. We also discussed when I move to New York. I am to receive my own bedroom and it is next door to his. It is being done up for me. He asked if there is anything special I would like in it. Over the phone I heard him scribbling down that I would like the wallpaper Jackie Kennedy had in her 1040 bedroom called Jardin de Tuileries and a mostly regal bedroom.

He said that would be fine and I then headed downstairs and told Kate. She said she will really miss me when I go but I will always be able to come back over whenever I want.

However I spoke to Zara and she and I had a full conversation about horse riding.

"So are you excited to get out there?" she asked with a friendly smile.

"I am" I grinned. "I have my equipment and my clothes and well you understand".

"That's good. I made sure you had everything when I was at Anmer Hall yesterday and I checked on your horse. Have you decided on a name?" Zara asked, taking a sip of champagne.

"Dansuese" I announced.

"Dansuese. That's a very good name. Any reason why?"

"Well it was the name of one of Jackie Kennedy's many horses and I rode a horse with that name in Australia"

"Jackie Kennedy is one of my horse riding heroes. I am very like her"

"I know. Her mother was an accomplished rider as was yours and you were both very young when you were first put on a horse" I smiled. Zara was very impressed.

Anyway today was probably one of my favourite days ever living with the royals. However it will be stressful as we've received about 5,000 presents and cards from all over the world!

And of course we'll have to sit down and unwrap them all. It will pay of though. We could do it as we sit back and watch the Commonwealth Games on TV.

Today was wonderful. Happy birthday Gorgeous George!