Part 57

• Dedicated to The people of France

Dear Diary, 

Today was just wonderful! This morning Kate woke me up by saying aloud "Dayna today we go to France!". I woke up squeaking with excitement. "What! France!" I was so excited. Kate and I got dressed and we headed downstairs. Jack and William were up and waiting for us. 

We set off for the airport ready and I bid Jack goodbye. We kissed passionately before we parted. I then went off with William and Kate onto the private jet.  Lilibet and the other members travelled on Eurostar! But we went over on the plane anyway. The flight would take 1 hour and 10 minutes. 30 minutes before we landed, we all got changed. 

For the ceremonial welcome, I got dressed into my Kelli coat from Stella McCartney and I put on a baby pink dress underneath. I then put on my L.K Bennett shoes (yes the beige ones) and Shannon did my hair quickly. 

We eventually landed at the airport in Paris and the crowds roared. We all got into the car with Kate and I sitting next to one another. We set off for the Arc de Triomphe were we would meet the President! When we arrived, the entire Champs-Élysées was gorgeous. It was decked with Union flags and military guards. 

I spoke with President Francois Hollande and he was very nice. Our conversation went like this:

Key - 

P - President

DM - Me

DM - Bonjour président François Hollande]

P - Bonjour Dayna de Cambridge. Je suis impressionné que vous pouvez parler français

DM - Française est probablement la meilleure langue que je parle. Je peux aussi parler espagnol et les Maoris

P - Wow, je suis impressionné. Que pensez-vous de Paris?

DM - J'aime Paris! Je suis tombé en amour avec elle quand j'ai étudié sur la visite du Président Kennedy ici.

P - Oh oui! C'est une des nombreuses choses que j'aime trop!

We finished our conversation and we then took in the shade under the famous Arc. Lilibet and the President laid a wreath at the grave of the unknown solider at the Arc. We then set off on a motorcade down the Champs-Élysées and we then set off for the Elysee. It truly was wonderful. We left a little early out of a back entrance and we went to the residence we would be staying in. 

We got changed into something casual. And eventually we set off in a private car. "Where are we going?" I asked. "It's a treat" Kate smiled. We then arrived at the Eiffel Tower. It was 3pm and we had plenty of time until closing time. They shut the Tower down while we were inside and it was great fun! 

We got to the top and we took in the view of Paris. I then leaned over and screamed at the top of my voice. "I LOVE JACK KENNEDY!" Kate laughed. I then yelled "KATE AND WILLIAM ARE AMAZING!" We loved every moment and we then headed out. It was 3:30pm and the Louvre was open until 6pm on a Thursday. 

We headed to the Louvre. It was wonderful as we recognised several pieces. The Mona Lisa, the Coronation of Napoleon and Liberty Leading the People. We got back to the residence at 7pm exactly. We then set off for the garden party. It was gorgeous and I spoke French with other French politicans. 

Before bed, Kate and I discussed our outfits and William explained what is happening tomorrow. "Tomorrow, we're flying out to Normandy and we will be having tea with D-Day veterans in the town of Arromanches. And then we will be at Gold Beach to pay our respects" William told us. "So girls, pick something that is suitable for tea but to wear to the beach" William left us to discuss. 

For tomorrow, I picked out a Jackie Kennedy replica piece that Katie made for me. Yeah I had employed Katie to make my Jackie replicas. It was a replica of the suit Jackie Kennedy wore a photo sitting in Georgetown and she wore it to the American National Theatre. I picked out some black heels and Kate approved. 

I went into bed late tonight. Good night.