Part 20

Dear Diary, 

Today was a day off. I am to make a speech! Tomorrow when we leave Wellington, I'm making a speech in Maori to the people of New Zealand. I've been practising my speech most of today. However we received more news on Anna. Apparently, Anna got past the guards into Buckingham Palace and the whole palace is under threat. 

We all sat trembling. Lilibet is my biggest worry. We all sat watching BBC News. I held Kate's hand. George is really lucky. He is completely unaware of what is going on. They were transferring back and forth from Buckingham Palace and the Metropolitan Police base. 

Eventually news came around. The police had a Skype call from Anna inside the palace. It was broadcast on the TV and I was shocked! It was Anna! How could she do this! I took note of what Anna said. She said this:

"Hello people of Britain. I'm Anna Miller. I'm the person you're all trying to get a hold of. Well don't worry. The Queen and her husband are perfectly safe. I've got them in the throne room and no one comes into the palace or they get it!" Anna then turned the camera to Lilibet. 

"Oh my God!" I cried. Kate and I sat and hugged. Anna then continued. 

"I will escape from here in 10 minutes. I'll be at Kensington Palace next". The message ended. William, Kate and I were silent. Kensington Palace. Anna will know I've been there. I got on the phone to the guards, security and the police. "Make sure, Kensington Palace is guarded at all times and Anna can't get inside". 

A few hours later, I came on the news that Anna got into Apartment 1a. However good news! Security positioned inside, managed to catch her before she got into our private apartments. She has been taken to HM Prison Wormwood and she has already been charged! I was so happy. 

I finally managed to relax! Hopefully Anna won't get to me. For the rest of the day, I finished my speech and practised my Maori. I actually managed to sleep properly.