Part 48

Dear Diary, 

Today we arrived at Arlington. We spent our final day in New York in Central Park doing some cycling and we left for JFK Airport at 6pm. Our private jet was waiting for us. We departed at 7:30pm and New York was starting to light up. I literally sat and waved the city goodbye before we departed for Washington. We were to land at Ronald Reagan Airport and we would be driven to our hotel. 

Now this sounds strange but when we arrived at Ronald Reagan, the paparazzi were there and thousands had gathered. We waved as the cameras flashed and the crowds cheered. Luckily we were dressed pretty decent so we didn't look like the royals that nobody knew. I waved and everyone waved back. 

We got into the hotel and Kate hugged me. "I hope that's ok that the paparazzi turned up" she smiled. I agreed. "Oh it's fine. As long as they don't make us give a speech, then I'm fine" I joked. We settled into our comfy beds and I looked out my window. I could see the cemetery lit up. Faintly in the distance, I could see the Eternal Flame. 

We would visit there tomorrow before flying back to Britain in 2 days time from now. I was lying in a warm, deep bubble bath tonight and I was thinking about everything. I would go out in the morning and I would buy some flowers to put at the grave for John and Jackie. And we could visit the White House too and 3307 N Street, where they stayed. 

Kate said we will do all of those things so I couldn't wait! When I came out the bath, I picked up the phone and I called Jack. Our conversation was pretty sweet. Jack says he feels lonely as he knows I'm not in the city anymore but he'll see me later this month. I said goodnight to him and he whispered "I love you Dayna" and then we said goodnight again. 

I can't wait for tomorrow!