Part 26

• Dedicated to Bilby George

Dear Diary,

Today was amazing! It was day 5 of our visit in Australia and we had to attend an Easter Sunday church service. This morning, we woke up early and to our surprise, Kate had put out an Easter egg hunt. William and I were fighting over the chocolate, and Kate was left laughing her head off. However we ended up with hundreds of Easter treats and Kate and William even gave me a toy koala. In return, I gave them an Easter egg, I had bought for them at The Royal Easter show. 

We arrived at St Andrew's Church in Sydney for the service. I wore a white Petune coat from Reiss, with my white Topshop crepe seam flippy dress and my L.K Bennett sledges. Anyway, the church service ended and we set off for the zoo. Taronga Zoo is it's exact name. We were to meet animals including bilbies, koalas and kangaroos. We got changed into comfier clothes for the zoo. 

I put on a Jennifer lace white fit and flare dress from Reiss and some white wedges. Shannon did my hair the same as it was yesterday as it was once again warm. Today we were due to meet a koala named Maggie, a barking owl named Ripley, a galah named Jojo and a Quokka named Autumn. And of course we'd be meeting bilbies! 

Thousands of people greeted us, like they have in every venue. We arrived in the car and of course the crowds roared when we got out. I waved and people cheered even more. Kate was carrying George and I walked beside her. We waved to the crowd and we got cheers everywhere. Soon we walked under some trees and it was nice and shady. 

The bad thing about the warm weather is we can't wear sunglasses. According to Katie, (remember my designer?), she said: "The Aussie's want to see your eyes in the flesh, not on TV and they can't do that if you've got shades hiding them from the world. We only get to wear them when the public aren't watching us, like in day-offs or in the cars. 

First was the moment everyone was waiting for. We went into the bilby enclosure and got to meet them! They were just adorable. We then saw the one that was to be named after George. William held it and then I held it. And what's more, there was another bilby and her name was changed from Kia to Dayna. I have my own sort of bilby. 

Then after about 30 minutes, we left the bilby enclosure. Up next, the birds of prey enclosure. We clapped as we entered. We then met Maggie the koala which I got to hold, and then we entered the Australian Nightlife Enclosure. 

During our time in the bilby enclosure, George tried to grab Bilby George's ear. However, as a treat he was given a toy Bilby which he loves! We also unvieled a plaque in the bilby enclosure that read: "A national gift from the Commonwealth Government to commemorate the birth of His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge". 

It was just glorious. Tomorrow we have a day off but William, Kate and I will be leaving to go to Uluru to go to Ayers Rock. We'll be leaving tomorrow but I'll be flying back after the engagements. You see, as a treat, William and Kate are having a romantic night under the stars in Uluru. They offered me to stay but I declined. 

"You need some space. I'll be fine with George, trust me" I told them. So I'll be flying back to Sydney and staying with George.