Part 14

• Dedicated to The New Zealand war dead

Dear Diary, 

I managed to get a relaxing sleep with no George crying at 3am. And good thing too as we had  important engagements. Today we would be flying to the south island of the country to a small place called Blenhiem. We would lay a wreath at the war memorial before Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre. And later we'd be unveiling a portrait of Lilibet. 

We boarded the plane to Blenhiem and we took off. The flight would only take 10 minutes. We boarded the plane that transported us to Sydney and we took off. I sat the table I usually sat at and looked out the window. After 6 minutes, the air hostess came in: "Your Highnesses. We'll be landing at Marlbrough Airport in a couple of minutes". 

We soon landed and we got in a car and drove to the war memorial. I was checking the mirror constantly on the plane. I was wearing a day ensemble coat made for Jackie Kennedy by Oleg Cassini in 1962. She wore it to Mexico. With it, I wore the blue pearl brooch and with Kate's permission, I was allowed to borrow the pillbox hat Kate wore to the Queen's Scouts Parade at Windsor in April 2013. 

William said it looked nice. Kate said, she hates going to lay a wreath and being forced to wear black. 

We went to the memorial and we laid the wreath. Before long, we got to go for a walk about and greet the royal fans. I even got to go around and I'm not even royal! I eventually met a bunch of girls who were very pleased to see me. And the aviation centre was still very good! William climbed into a WWI Sopwith plane. He offered Kate to go in but she didn't. I went in instead. There is hilarious pictures of William and I squished in a tiny cockpit. 

We had a great day before we flew back to Wellington. We had 2 hours until the state reception. I took a nap for half an hour before I started getting ready. I got into my outfit. I chose to wear a nice formal outfit. I put on a Topshop cream dress which looked pretty formal. And I used my trusty L.K Bennett sledges which Kate and I got when I moved in. 

We headed downstairs and we were ready to unveil the portrait. William made a short speech before Kate and I pulled the chords and unvieled the portrait of Lilibet. 

The state reception was good, especially when I was dunked a massive glass of Shloer. 

More tomorrow