Part 13

• Dedicated to Governor Jerry Mateparae

Dear Diary, 

Today was the playday with George. I turned up in my green dress which Kate commented as being "bright as the morning sun". I think it went well. George was good as gold and Kate dressed nice and comfortably. Kate wore a black and white geometric print dress by Tony Burch. Maria suggested she wear it as she looks "just plainly nice". 

George, being the cutie that he is, crawled around and even snatched toys off other babies. However he smiled a lot and was being just gorgeous George. William talked with other parents while Kate and I watched George at play. 

He was even given a big blue teddy bear which I carried back upstairs. Today was really fun, even though it was pretty noisy. 

The event ended at 3pm, when we headed upstairs. My head was aching so I took a quick nap. After an hour, I got changed for dinner. I turned up wearing a 60s blue dress and jacket suit. We dined with Governor General Sir Jerry Mateparae and his wife Janine. According to Janine, in my blue suit, I looked "flamboyant, like an ablaze fire". 

I like Janine. She is very friendly to us all. To me, she wears her heart on her sleeve. She doesn't like seeing people suffer. She is usually happy as Larry but there is the times when she can be down in the mouth. 

It was a gorgeous dinner. By the end, I was praying I was able to keep down the squid we had. I tried it and it tasted good at first until they said it tasted good with salad. I seriously regret that decision. You see squid isn't normally on my menu, never mind combining it with salad. That is my latest delicacy. 

I tried to hold it in but guffed it up in the toilet. The maid got me a glass of water, before I settled into bed. I guess, I will need to make sure I avoid it.