Part 92

Dear Diary,

Today I got practise at jumping. I wasn't too sure at vaulting but I gave it a go anyway. It was pretty scary riding Dansuese without holding the reins but I was fine. He has obviously earnt my trust and I have earnt his. According to Anne I only have to practise now and I will come back to Anmer Hall from August 5th until the 6th to practise. 

I phoned Kate today and she forgot to mention that she and William were at a wedding at Batcombe church in the West Country. And during my break, I allowed Dansuese to enjoy his food while I sat in my room reading a bit of Alison Weir's Le Temps Viendra and then I went onto riding freely around the Sandringham Estate. 

These precious days away from the constant attention of the media are wonderful. For when I go to America, in the paparazzi ruled world, I'll be an easy target there. I do try to keep my private self under the radar but the paparazzi always find a way to get in. 

Anmer Hall is beautiful and I now see how Kate loves it. However I do like the city. But Anmer Hall is a private world where we can all just be normal people, not big people who are surrounded by photographers day and night. Anmer Hall have I even described it to you?

Well as I said, it is very beautiful. There is plenty of trees around here and lots of grass and countryside. The house is very private. It has a country look to it. Not as partially formal, Apartment 1a is. At Anmer Hall, it is like one of those country retreats you see rich people going to, for a weekend of shooting pheasants. The only different is that we aren't cruel and we don't have stag and deer heads above every fireplace and covering all the walls.

It's very casual. There is a conservatory where I enjoy reading on warm days. There is a room for George which is got the Beatrix Potter theme as it does at Apartment 1a. Then there is my room which I would say is very casual and not as regal and chic as my London bedroom. It has a bed that looks like the one from Bedknobs and Broomsticks. 

It has white bedsheets with a yellow throw over. I also have a windowseat covered in cushions where I like to sit and read and drink hot chocolate. Because of my strong passion for reading I have a big bookcase to house my many books about history, art and then my historical and classic fiction. 

William and Kate have a kingsize bed in their bedroom with beige and white being the main colours. They have a regal bedroom but it like most of the rooms in Apartment 1a "friendly rather than grand". 

Anmer Hall is very pretty too. A gorgeous house situated in the Norfolk countryside. There is plenty of room for George to grow up in and then there is room for me to go riding in. However in London it is totally different. No countryside, no room for riding. Nothing but the big vast of Kensington Gardens and the high street less than 1/2 mile away. 

 However I better enjoy the peaceful British countryside while I can. As I'll soon have to succumb to the noise and moving New York City with the Park being the only place that feels like the countryside.