Part 17

• Dedicated to Clarence House

---------------- 10pm, that night ----------------

Dear Diary, 

I was woken during my sleep by Kate. "Dayna, there is news from London, we need to get up" Kate shook me. I put on my dressing gown and slippers and we met William outside in the corridor. We headed downstairs. There has been news from London. 

Clarence House has been attacked. There has been reports of a smashed window and snips of hair caught in the glass. The Metropolitan Police has identified the hair and it came from a girl with the name of Anna Miller! My sister! The police officer who had flown over to tell us the news, read this report:

'Clarence House attacked on April 12th. Alarms sound at 11pm. Windows smashed and things including a safe robbed. No one hurt. Prince of Wales and his wife are safe. Both are taken to Buckingham Palace to stay until further noticed. Girl's hair found on glass. Identified to be a girl called Anna Miller'. 

"As soon as the news broke, I flew over". The policeman with the name of Sergeant Mark Beaton, told us. I had to confess. "Excuse me Sergeant. But Anna Miller is my sister" I spat it out. Mr Beaton was shocked. "Your sister?!". I nodded. "What did she take?" I asked with tears in my eyes. Anna apart from breaking 19 windows in total and breaking two priceless vases, Anna has stolen: a cashbox containing £50,000, a 60 carat gold ring, 2 pearl necklaces and 3 chequebooks!

At this point, my head fell into my hands. "Oh my God!" I cried. Kate hugged me and it cheered me up. I cleared my eyes. "Sergeant. Take this advie and pass it on to the police and all of the guards. Make sure the royal palaces, even if unoccupied, like Apartment 1a for example, are under guard at all times. I have a feeling that Anna is determined to cause trouble in all of the palaces and fast. And make sure it stays like that until, Anna is taken away and everything is safe" I made it firm. 

"I will. And I will send more reports as soon as possible" Mr Beaton left and we returned upstairs. "I have a feeling, Anna stole that cashbox to come over to New Zealand and get me" I was really worried. Anna could be here tomorrow! We sat in our private quarters. We sat in the living room and turned onto BBC News. It felt weird watching it in New Zealand. 

The news reader George Alagiah, came on. It said BREAKING NEWS  in capital letters along the screen. 

"Hello and welcome to the news at midnight. Breaking News from London. Clarence House as been attacked and other royal palaces are under threat. The alarms of the royal residence sounded at 11pm and severe damage has occured. Several things including jewellery and a cashbox containing fifty thousand pounds has been stolen. We will now go over to our royal correspondant Peter Hunt outside Clarence House. Peter.". 

We all watched in suspense as Peter Hunt spoke and interviewed a policeman looking into the investigation. 

"Thank you George. Well there is high drama in the centre of London tonight. And it has just been confirmed that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are safe. They've been taken to another residence to stay until further noticed and for their safety, it shall be kept unknown. The Cambridge family have been informed and have been given extra security measures to ensure they are safe. Now I am here with a member of the Metropolitan police, looking into the investigation: Officer Thomas Frank. So Mr Frank, what news is there in the robbery?" 

Peter Hunt then turned to Officer Frank. I was interested in this part. 

"Well Peter, it has been cleared on who the robber is. There was traces of female hair on window pains and DNA on door and drawer handles. And the DNA matches to a girl with the name of Anna Miller. According to the description provided, Miss Miller has mixture of blonde and brown hair, she has green eyes and is just over 6 ft tall. Many people know Anna and claim she is been acting strangely for about a month now. Many of her aquaintances say she lives in Marylebone. We searched the house where her friends say she lives and it was empty. So if anyone has any clue on where Anna could be, please tell us now". 

After the report we turned off the TV. "Dayna do you know where Anna could be?" William asked. "No. She's got no where else to go. All of our relatives live in Northern England. My parents, Anna and I are the only Londoners. And I told her I was in Doncaster so she didn't come looking for me in London" I confessed it all. I told them about the messages, the secrets I had been hoarding. 

Kate and William understood and said they'd tell the police. I agreed and let them inform P.C Beaton. I tried to get to sleep. But I stayed awake for like another hour!