Part 65

Dear Diary, 

I have some news. I attended the Order of the Garter yesterday! I'll describe the day we had. I arranged my outfit for the celebration and I think it suited me. I wore a white dress from Topshop. Then over it, a raspberry pink Mason event coat from L.K Bennett and Katie made me a raspberry pink version of Jackie Kennedy's Halston pillbox hat she wore to her husband's inauguration. 

The ceremony took place at Windsor Castle. We stayed the night at Windsor and I was excited. I packed my things and the car picked us up at 10pm. There was crowds to see us in London so we waved. 

We got to Windsor and we headed into our private apartments. My bedroom was really cosy and I could look out onto what is known as Thames Street. It was a gorgeous view. I settled into bed that night excited for the next day. 

I got dressed the next morning and we all ate breakfast together. We then headed outside and the ceremony started. Kate and I smiled at William who was dressed in his grand Garter outfit as he stood next to Lilibet and the other royals. 

Kate and I were joined by Prince Edward's wife Sophia outside St George's Chapel in the castle's grounds. Camilla was supposed to be with us but she is currently in bed with a bad cold. I phoned her last night and I wished her to get well soon. 

While William was dressed up in fancy robes and a velvet hat, Kate was her stylish self again, looking more glamourous than me. But she insisted I looked fine. George wasn't with us today, instead he was back home with Maria. (Speaking of Maria, according to her, I am improving at my Italian except I have changed from Swahili as I found it too hard and I am now learning Dutch). 

The Order of the Garter is oldest Order of chivilary as it was started by Edward III in 1348. Every June, Lilibet, the royals and 24 other knights gather at Windsor for the ceremony. 

Kate and I chatted with Sophie and her father Christopher and we also spoke with Princess Anne's husband Timothy Laurence before the ceremony began. 

When the process began, Kate, Sophie and I moved to the front and we went into a deep curtsey as everyone went on past. 

It was a gorgeous day and it was so adorable as Kate and William kept giving each other the look of love as I always say. However it made my heart ache as I missed Jack. When we got back inside Windsor and I was waking for the car, I missed him so much I started crying. I felt embarassed as I've never seen a royal cry before apart from Kate when it was serious but that's it. 

Kate and William then walked in and they wondered what was wrong. I told them and we sat and hugged until it was time to leave. When we got back to Kensington, I phoned Jack and I cried on the phone. He kept saying "I love you" and that made me cry even more. 

I told him how I missed him so much that even his voice made me cry as I missed him so much. I understood and I said this phone call cheered me up and I let him say I love you so much he probably has a dry throat. I love Jack.