Part 82

Dear Diary, 

Today Jack flew over from America. He said he couldn't sleep as he was worried sick about me. As soon as he saw me in my bed, he ran towards me and hugged me. He kept on kissing me and this went on for about 10 minutes. 

I am to remain in bed for just now. Luckily I don't have any broken bones and I am to rest anyway. The next time I have to leave the palace is tomorrow so I'm resting just now. Jack is staying with me and he hasn't left my bedside all day! 

Jack actually cuddled into me in bed and it was so nice. I actually felt safe cuddling him and he held me close to him like he would never let go. "I love you Jack" I smiled at him. "I love you too" Jack smiled back. He leaned forward and kissed me. It was gorgeous. 

Kate eventually joined us and it was very nice. Jack left to allow us to talk. One of my new passions i art history. Kate spoke to me about art history so she gave me a lesson on art history to pass the time. Jack flew back to America late tonight. It was very emotional. I got dressed into something casual but decent to wave him goodbye. 

We stood in the private room in the airport and said our goodbyes. "I'll call you don't worry" Jack smiled before we kissed again. I smiled. "And tell me about George's birthday" Jack smiled. "I will" I smiled. "I left his present back at the palace" Jack told me. I asked him what the present was and he said it was a pedal-aeroplane. It was an RAF plane to make it British. 

I smiled. "I'm sure he'll love it" I said. "William and Kate have it put aside with the other presents" Jack told me. We once again kissed and hugged. "When will I see you again?" I asked. "Well I'm going back to Yale in August. I might be able to see you in October" Jack was disappointed. "I wish it was quicker than that" I said. "Me too" Jack said before we kissed again. 

This kissing thing was a habit but Jack had to go. "I'll phone you all the time" he smiled. "I'll tell you when I have engagements so you don't keep not getting an answer" I said. Jack nodded then he left to go to the runway. I stood at the window and waved him goodbye. I got back in the car to the palace and I got settled down. 

Kate once again slept in beside me as she was worried about me. "I can't believe we're shopping for George's birthday tomorrow" Kate chuckled. "Me too!" I squeaked. "It feels like yesterday that I was in Kensington Gardens with my portable radio listening for news on the baby" I smiled. Kate was very happy. She adores George and so does William, and me, and Jack! Everybody really!