Part 56

Dear Diary, 

Today Jack and I spent a day for ourselves. We went mainly for a walk in the gardens. I showed him around as he's never been in Kensington Gardens before. We caught the tube to Green Park and we walked down the Mall passed Buckingham Palace and we also went for a walk down Whitehall and to Big Ben before Jack and I decided to go on the London Eye. From there I gave Jack one big tour of London. 

Afterwards, we went to the Tower of London. We saw the Crown Jewels and I told Jack about Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard and Henry VIII and how he ordered them to be beheaded here and we saw the memorial with their names on it. So by the end of the day Jack was repeating Henry VIII's reign word for word. 

We caught the tube to Westminster before we walked up Whitehall again. We got to Nelson's Column and we climbed it. It was pretty hard but Jack helped me up. There was plinths and we sat there as I didn't want to risk sitting on lions in case I fell off and it was warm so the bronze they were made from was really warm. 

We kissed there and we cuddled into each other looking down Whitehall. "It's beautiful isn't it?" Jack smiled. "Yeah. I've always loved London" I added. We eventually caught the tube to Kensington High Street and we quickly grabbed some Starbucks and we drunk it while we headed back to the palace. 

We packed our bags tonight. We leave for France tomorrow while Jack goes back to America in his family's private jet. Kate and I spent the night packing in my room discussing outfits. Kate held up one dress and waved it around. Then she held up a hat that would go with it. "What do you think?" she asked. "Terrific" I smiled. She packed it. We gave each other opinions before we were packed. 

Our suitcases were put beside the door and I looked at the photographs of my outfits. I was happy with all of them. Tonight I laid out my clothes to wear to the airport tomorrow. It is forecasted to rain so I picked out a navy blue suit and Kate presented me with some navy blue glossy heels that she said would match the suit and they did very well. 

I kissed Jack goodnight tonight. I was sleeping but I then heard a knock at the door. I saw Kate looking in. "Where you asleep?" she asked. I shook my head. "No" I whispered. Kate came in and cuddled in to me. "This reminds me of when we were in Sydney and you were scared" I laughed. "Yes. I remember that" Kate laughed. 

We talked of happy times on the tour before we drifted off to sleep.