Part 79

• İtfaf edildi The Tour de France

Dear Diary, 

This morning I decided not to wear my skinny jeans but I opted for something more formal before waving off the Tour de France competitors. I decided to wear a plaid skirt suit. It was a replica of the one Perrie Edwards wore when she left Riverside Studios. I put a black silk blouse underneath and I then put on some black heels and I looked gorgeous according to Kate. 

"I don't look pretty" I told her. "Of course you do! In that suit, it shows off your flattering figure" Kate smiled. "And you look like an even sexier Jackie Kennedy" Kate smiled. That made me smile. "Thanks" I hugged her. We then set off for Leeds in a helicopter. 

We got to the house and we greeted the competitiors. I spoke to them all. My heart raced when I met Chris Froome and he was very happy when I said I wished him luck. I was disappointed when I found out Bradley Wiggins wasn't competiting this year. I spoke with the foreign cyclists too. I spoke to the French, in French, the Spaniards in Spanish and the Italians and I tried to speak to them in Italian but luckily they spoke English. 

Eventually it was time to start the race. William and Harry held a bit of the banner while Kate and I held the scissors together. We were told what we had to do. Once we cut the rope, we would try and run to the side and then the claxtons would go off, the confetti would fly and we would cheer them on their start. 

Soon the countdown echoed. 

Three!

Two!

One!

The second the claxton sounded, the cameras flashed and everyone filming us, gazed as Kate and I cut the rope and we then ran to the side. The confetti blew all over and we cheered on the cyclists. 

When they went out of sight, Kate and I brushed the confetti out our hair and we high-fived. "Woah" Kate was shocked. "What a start" I said. Then on the walk back to the helicopter, there was a funny photo taken. We discovered it when we got back to the palace. Kate printed it off and she and I laughed at it all night. 

It was a picture of Harry giving me a piggy back, en-route back to the helicopter. It was a fun day.