Part 52

Dear Diary, 

Today we visited Scotland. We flew up in a helicopter from Heathrow. Kate usually wears her tartan coat when she visits Scotland but she decided to go for a different look today. "I think people will be bored of me wearing the same coat" she told me. "Of course not! You look gorgeous in it!" I smiled. Kate smiled but she said I could wear it instead! I put on the coat and I put a black dress on underneath. 

I then put on some black tights and some black boots, going for the Kate look! We left Heathrow in the helicopter and we set off. We would be visiting Scotland's Glenturret Distillery. You know, where they make the whiskey! At this distillery, they make the Famous Grouse whiskey. 

When we got there, we greeted the crowds and usual and thousands came to see us. We shook hands and took photographs and talked. We then entered the distillery. It was very fascinating. William was eventually asked to taste a 'wee dram' of whiskey from the still. William tried the The Black Grouse Alpha. 

And Kate tasted what they called the 'girlie' whiskeys. I guess Kate isn't pregnant as she tasted two whiskeys! They were called The Snow Grouse and The Naked Grouse. I didn't think I could taste anything until I was allowed to taste The Snow Grouse. It wasn't that bad actually! I tasted the Naked Grouse and it wasn't bad either. 

We left the distillery in the late afternoon and we got back to Kensington. We watched the coverage on the news and it was all pretty exciting looking. It was a wonderful day. The only bad thing was, was that, because I tasted a bit of the Naked Grouse, I gulped it all up in the toilet. After that, I was actually able to sleep. 

When we got back, I phoned Jack. You see, today would have been JFK's 97th birthday. He was in Arlington on our last night in America because he was to lay a wreath at the gravesite. I phoned him and he said it was a beautiful day. He did cry a bit but I comforted him, We said goodnight and then we hung up. 

But back to today! Scotland is a wonderful country. I hope to return soon.