Part 24

• Dedicated to The Sydney Royal Easter Show

Dear Diary, 

Today was so fun. Even though the whole car situation has been a big kerfuffle. Honestly, we've changed cars at least 4 times today! I thought I'd loose the feeling in my legs. At one point, for safety reasons, we were told to lie on the floor so no one could fire guns or that at us. Oh that moment was hilarious! 

Anyway, today was the best day ever! We got to attend the Royal Easter Show. And we also got to visit a children's hospice and watch a demonstration by surf live-saving volunteers. I looked and found a nice dress to wear that Katie and I had designed. It was a white dress that looks like something you'd wear to a party. It was sleeveless and it had black Aztec patterns on it. 

I also wore with it some white wedges. Shannon the hairdresser is to serve me and Danielle is now back at Kate. Shannon made my hair glossy as I like it and it curled into deep curles at the bottom. It was forecasted to be at least 32 degrees so I opted for a warm look. But I took a light, lace cardigan just in case. 

So we set off. The Easter show was amazing! When we got there, we posed for photographs with the crowds and some more selfies. Then we set around looking at the displays. Inside one building, we toured massive displays that were so elaborate, they could pass at floats at a Mardi Gras parade. 

The displays were of produce, grouped by Australian regions. One exhibitor, was 67 years of age and his name was Lyn Crejan. He showed us a tuft of alpaca wool. Kate made a joke saying William should use it as a toupee as it was a similar shade of brown to William's hair. 

The show is recalled as the event that 'brings the country to the city'. It is wonderful as it is a keen place for garderners and farmers. Kate and I were given some gorgeous flowers. And before we left, we purchased a few things from the stalls. I got George a toy bunny, and I got some things for myself. I also sneaked in some nice things for Kate and William. 

It is Easter in 2 days so we will be hopefully having time to present gifts. What's more, we were presented with an Easter egg each. George didn't get one though but Kate said, she ordered one in for him. Anyway, the show also featured prize winning livestock. Such as beef cattle, merino sheep, horses, and goats. There was also lizards and alpacas. 

And what's more, there was a horse show on. And they asked me if I wanted to ride one of the horses. I was taken into the tent, and I got dressed into the riding clothes they provided. I then mounted on one of the horses. His name was Dansuese and he was gorgeous. 

He was a nice brown colour and his maine was black. One of the instructors, before I headed on, gave me some information. Her name was Masy and she was the owner of Dansuese. 

"Ok, so to jump, lean forward. To stop, pat him at his neck and to speed up, pat just below the saddle". I listened and I got a quick practise before I headed on. If I'm honest, I didn't do to bad. The little hats you usually see them wearing, were too big or too small for me, so I couldn't wear one. I'd say I did well! 

After I rode around for a while, I waved and got a round of applause. There was cameras flashing and I then rode out and got back into my dress and wedges. I think when we get Anmer committee meetings back, I'll suggest that they build a barn and I could maybe get my own horse. And I'll name it Dansuese after the horse, I just rode. 

During the walk-about, we were given handfuls of presents. Kate and I were given bracelets, homemade chocolates and presents for ourselves. We were also given preserves and gifts for George including a book about wombats. So much so, they had to get a security van into take everything back to the hotel, of course, everyone doesn't know that. 

We then headed off to the hospice and the life saving demonstration and we also got another engagement too! 

Kate and William let me do this honour, by I got to unveil a plaque to open the new Southee and Badgery Pavillion. It is a new 10,000 square metre building. It was completed last week when we were in New Zealand. It is now home to the Show's art and crafts, fashion and style and flower and garden displays. 

I loved the area to do with fashion and I did enjoy the art area. I have a huge passion for art. I've been to almost every gallery in London. I talked with Alison Renwick who was the former chair of the arts and crafts pavillion. I told her about my passion and how I hope to study history, English, French and art in the future. 

Alison seemed pleased and I said I will return sometime. Today was just great fun. However there was no drama tonight like there was last night. Anna was captured by security guards and was taken to a prison in Australia. According to PC Kinn, she is to be flown to New Zealand to spend tonight and then she'll be flown back to Britain to await trial.