Part 38

• مهداة إلى The people of New York

Dear Diary, 

Today was just amazing! We left London Heathrow at 4am for 7 hour and 20 minute flight to JFK Airport in New York! I was so excited. Kate helped me pick out a nice outfit for today. I put on a black Reiss Bianca dress and we set off for the airport. I was so excited. 

On the private plane, we took off. As soon as we took off, I went crazy. I hugged Kate and William so tightly! "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" I squeaked. I was so excited. I was actually going for my 13th birthday to America! I was so happy! However George wasn't coming with us. He's staying back at the palace until we return on the 17th. 

Anyway, I didn't take a nap on the plane this time, I sat and talked with Kate and William. We talked for about 2 hours straight then Kate and I spent an hour reading. We also sat around watching the view. I knew I had to put on something good in case anyone saw us. Luckily I had packed somethings in case this happened. I put on a Cooperative Daisy Babydoll dress in red from Urban Outfitters. 

At 11:20am, we landed! Kate was equally as excited as me! We arrived at JFK Airport and the paparazzi were already there. Kate took my hand. "Welcome to America" she whispered. I walked with Kate out into the sunshine and the cameras flashed. Usually people say New York is cold but it turned out warm. 

The car was waiting for us and we set off. We would be staying in the penthouse suite in the Plaza Hotel on Fifth Avenue! I was so excited. When we arrived, we got into our room and we picked our rooms. I picked mine which had a view of the Park. In the distance I could see the Metropolitan Museum of Art, that Jackie Kennedy had seen. 

We got dressed into casual clothes. Me in some black skinny jeans and jumper and Kate in a similar outfit. Kate and I set off shopping. We went to Kate Spade, Berghorf and Goodman, Chanel, Bloomingdales, everywhere we could imagine and we returned with bags full of things. When we returned the phone rang. 

It was Caroline Kennedy. We are to be invited to a dinner at their apartment on Park Avenue, a few blocks away on May 5th. I will go out shopping and get a dress for the dinner as I know Jack will be there and since (according to Kate) "he might love me but not in a friendly way", I better dress to impress. 

More tomorrow!