Can You Stand The Rain

Your POV

I stared at Harry as he swept up the dirt that had been left on our kitchen floors after so many of our friends came to visit us. His muscles stood out painfully in the shirt he wore, and his hair occasionally fell in his face, causing him to pause to push the unruly curls back. Smiling, I leant on the side of the counter as I watched.

We had been in a relationship for two years, and we managed to get by without ever having a fight or worrying about unfaithfulness. Our relationship had yet to experience a drop. Harry and I were essentially the perfect couple. We were the ones our friends ran to when they needed advice and help. Yet I was left with one question on my mind:

If all we experienced was sunshine, would he be able to stand the rain?

“(Y/N),” I was shook out of my thoughts by Harry. He smiled at me and he propped the broom up against the wall before making his way over to me. “What are you thinking about?”

I bit my lip, my body melting against his when I felt his arms wrap around me. “Nothing,” I reassured him. “I’m just… thinking.”

He rested his chin on the top of my head, tightening his grip on me. “Baby, I know when something’s bothering you,” he prodded further. “Just tell me what’s wrong.”

“We’ve never fought,” I blurted out.

His eye narrowed in confusion and an amused smile crept onto his face. “You want to fight?”

“No,” I sighed, burying my face in his shirt. “I’m scared that when we do fight, you’ll leave. Everything is just so perfect right now, and what if it doesn’t stay that way? What if when something happens you’ll leave?”

Harry cradled my face in his hands, running his thumbs over my cheeks. His eyes were filled with concern, and I took a shaky breath.

“What if you can’t stand the rain? I’m not ready to have you walk out. But I want to know now if you aren’t going to stay so that I won’t get my heart broken later. ‘Cause I don’t think I can-”

My words were cut off by the feeling of Harry’s lips meeting mine. *GIF* My fingers tightened their grip on his shirt, tugging him closer. His fingers combed through my hair before resting at the back of my neck. When we finally broke apart from the kiss, I was breathing heavily, my eyes a little wide.

“Kitten,” he gently kissed my forehead. “I ain’t going anywhere. Even if we fight, cuss, yell, scream, my British ass will be staying right here. There isn’t anywhere on this Earth I’d rather be, and I’m long as I’m with you there is no rain. ‘Cause you can say or do whatever you want, but my love for you will stay.” I smiled and kissed Harry.

_____________________________________________________________________________

The song is on the side, it's called Can You Stand The Rain by New Edition......I am In love with that song :)