Baby's first night home

“Shhhh. Shhh, Harry soothed, rocking your newborn daughter Darcy, hoping to get her to stop crying. “Why won’t she stop, (Y/N)?” 

Ever since you brought Darcy home, she has been crying non stop. “What am I doing wrong?” He frantically asked. “What do you need? Darcy tell me what you need!”

He was so frustrated from lack of sleep, he was almost in tears. “(Y/N),” He cried in frustration. “I don’t know what I’m doing.”

“Here let me see her,” you sighed, taking the newborn from him. Once the baby was in your arms, she seemed to calm down. “Shh. It’s okay,” you whispered, rocking the baby gently. 

You lulled her, until she gradually fell asleep. You carefully laid her in her crib. You took Harry’s hand, and the two of you quietly exited the room. Once you were in your bedroom, you collapsed on the bed, but Harry stayed standing. *GIF*

“How did you do that back there?” He asked you. You could tell he was really hurt by it. “I don’t think I’m cut out for this. I’m scared I’m going to be a terrible father.”

“Come here, Harry,” you said, motioning him to come to you. He climbed into your arms resting his head against your chest.

“You are going to be a great father,” you reassured him. You began slowly tracing his curls, enjoying the way his hair felt in your fingers. “It just takes some time. We are both still learning. I’m scared too.”

“But you are so much better with her. You saw her in there. She calmed down immediately when you held her,” Harry replied, sighing heavily.

“It takes time, Harry,” You smiled, kissing him on the forehead. “I believe in you.”

“You always know what to say to make me feel better,” he smiled, wrapping his arms around you. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” you whispered, closing your eyes. You were finally going to get some sleep, but you heard Darcy crying in the other room. 

“I’ll get her,” Harry groaned, getting up. You stared in shock at the man in front of you.

“You sure?” You asked eyeing Harry skeptically. There was something about his eyes. He looked stronger, more confident.

“Yeah,” he said, leaning down and kissing you on your forehead. “You just get some rest.”

Two minutes after Harry went to Darcy's room, Darcy stopped crying and you smiled.