Fumbled

Harry’s POV

(Y/N) stood in front of me, tears streaming down her face. I reached out to touch her, but she flinched away from me, unwilling to even look me in the eye. I tried to touch her again, but she moved away again.

“Kitten,” I sighed. “I know that I hurt you, but it’ll never happen again.”

“It doesn’t matter what the fuck you say!” she screamed. “You fucking hit me! You thought it was OK for you to put your hands on me, and If you It did once, then you will be comfortable doing it again!”

Swallowing, I lowered my eyes. “You don’t know how much it hurts,” I mumbled. “I’m so sorry, and I know that nothing I say can make it better, but let me try - let me try.”

“Harry,” she shook her head, taking a step away from me. The bruise forming on her right cheek looked even more prominent. “Harry, just get out.”

Ramming my hands in my pockets, I gave her one last look before walking out of the room. The moment replayed in my head: the way we were screaming at each other over the bills that were piling up. I remembered how mad she made me, and for a moment, I just lost control. I know it’s a shitty excuse, but it happened in the spur of the moment.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled out loud.

I could say those two words as many times as I wanted, but they would never bring me any closer to her. She was gone because of my one fuck up. As much as I hated to admit it, I fumbled her heart.