Losing the Clinch - Eddie Lack (Requested)

When the game ended and the Hurricanes lost the game, along with their chance in the playoffs, you knew that your boyfriend Eddie would be upset. You watched as the opposing team celebrated their win, and saw Eddie with no expression. As the team headed into the dressing room, you got up out of your seat and walked to the VIP entrance to get to Eddie. You waited in the hallway outside of the dressing room and waited for the players to start coming out. When the players started to trickle out and meet with their wives and girlfriends, you bit your bottom lip as you waited for Eddie. When he walked out, he gave you a small smile and held his arms out for you.

You walked over and hugged him tightly; glad to see that he had a smile, even if it was a small one. "Hey babe." You said softly.

"Hey, how about we grab a bite to eat and head home?" he said, walking down the hallway with you.

"Okay, sure." You said and gave him a small smile.

Eddie held your hand and walked you out to the car. There were some fans waiting outside of the arena, but he went right to the car. You could tell that he was upset by the results, but he was acting like nothing was wrong. The two of you picked up some of your favorite takeout food and headed home. When you went inside with him, you carried his bag upstairs to your bedroom and then came back down.

"Do you wanna eat in the kitchen or the living room?" you asked him.

Eddie looked up at you. "Kitchen is fine." He said and got the food sorted out on the table.

You walked over to the fridge and got each of you a glass of wine. "Here you go babe." You said and handed him a glass.

"Thank you." he smiled softly and kissed your head.

The two of you sat at the table and ate your food together. Eddie didn't say a word throughout the entire meal, and that worried you. You decided it would be best if you didn't push it, so you let the meal be silent. After you both finished eating, you took care of the cleanup while Eddie went upstairs and took a shower. When you finished cleaning up, you locked the front door and turned the lights off downstairs before heading upstairs to get your pajamas on. You got on some pajama shorts and one of Eddie's t-shirts before sitting on the bed.

Eddie walked out of the bathroom in sweatpants and smiled softly at you. "Hey beautiful." He said and walked over to the bed, sitting next to you.

You looked up at him. "Eddie, talk to me please." You said softly.

"About what?" he asked.

"The game." You said simply. "You haven't said a word about it all night."

Eddie shifted on the bed and sighed. "I just don't wanna believe it's true, you know?"

"I get that babe, but ignoring it won't help anything." You told him.

He sighed and laid back. "We had it. We could have taken it and we could have gone to the playoffs. I could have saved so many more goals and then we would be there." Eddie finally said.

You held his hand gently and kissed the back of his hand. "You did everything you could, Eddie. It's just not the right time for you guys just yet." You said and rubbed his hand gently.

Eddie looked up at you. "I don't understand why it's not our year. I don't get how you're so positive about this, Y/N, we lost." He said.

"Eddie Lack, look at me." You said softly. You held his hand in yours still and spoke. "I know that it's a bummer to lose a game and lose your playoff spot, but do you know what? You're still an amazing hockey player, an incredible goalie, and an even more amazing boyfriend. I'm positive about this because I know that you're going to come back with a vengeance next season and I'll be there the whole way."

Eddie looked at you and smiled softly. He sat up and kissed you gently, putting his free hand on your cheek. "I love you so much, Y/N." he said softly. "You are the greatest woman I've ever known in my life." He said and kissed you again. "Thank you for dealing with me."

You kissed back and smiled, rubbing his cheek. "I love you too and thank you for being you." you smiled. "Let's get some sleep, okay?"

"Okay." He smiled and snuggled up with you under the blanket. He wrapped his arms around you and kissed your head.

You held him close and smiled. "Night, Eddie."

"Night, love." He smiled and kissed you.

The two of you spent the next day having a much needed day of relaxation.