Baby Fever - Andrew Shaw (Requested)

You and your boyfriend Andrew had just gotten back from a family skate with his team. His other teammates had brought their kids and wives, and Andrew was always eager to skate with the kids. You loved watching him with them and how good he was with them. The two of you had been dating for almost two years, but you never really talked about a family with him. You weren't sure if that's what he wanted or not, and you figured you should at least wait until you were married.

The two of you got unbundled and you went into the kitchen to get a drink. You hummed softly and looked in the fridge, deciding what you wanted to drink.

"Those kids were the cutest." Andrew spoke up, sitting on the counter.

"They were. You were really great with them, they loved you." you smiled up at him.

He smiled and nodded, looking like he was thinking about something.

You grabbed a can of Coke and went to sit on the couch. Andrew joined you a few minutes later and put his arms around you. He kissed your head gently and smiled, holding you closer.

"Well hello, sweetie." You said.

"Hey babe." He said and rubbed your back gently. "Have you ever thought about that?" he asked.

"Thought about what?" you asked him, taking a sip of your drink.

"Kids." He said softly.

"Like having them or just kids in general?" you asked him.

He rubbed your back for a moment before answering. "Having kids." He said.

You felt butterflies start dancing in your stomach. "Well I've thought about it before. You'd make an amazing dad, you really would." You smiled.

A smile came across his face and he nodded. "Well thank you. I know you'll make an amazing mom." He said and kissed you gently. "When should we try?" he asked almost sheepishly.

You smiled and kissed his cheek gently. "How about next weekend? You've got a break between some games and we can get working." You teased.

He smiled and nodded. "I like the sound of that." He said, his eyes beaming.

"Then it's a date." You smiled.

Andrew placed a kiss on your nose and smiled, hugging you tight. The two of you spent the rest of the night cuddled up on the couch together.

It had been about two months since you and Andrew had that talk, and you were late this month. You called Andrew and told him that you had the tests ready to take at home, but you didn't want him to get too excited. This might be a false alarm, and you didn't want to get excited over nothing.

When Andrew got home you brought him upstairs and took a deep breath. You showed him the bag of tests you got, and showed him that you bought three just in case. You went into the bathroom and got the tests done, and set the timer on your phone.

"Okay, not we wait." You said, walking out of the bathroom.

Andrew looked at you. "We just wait? How long?" he asked.

"Five minutes to be sure." You said and sat next to him on the bed. "I got the quickest ones I could find."

He nodded and held your hand in his lap. "If it's negative, we'll just try again. No big deal." He said, nodding.

You smiled and put your head on his shoulder. "Are you telling me that, or you?" you asked.

"Both of us." He said.

The five minutes seemed to drag on forever. When your phone finally beeped, you nearly jumped off of the bed. Andrew walked into the bathroom with you and looked at the sticks.

"What does this mean? This is so confusing." He said trying to decipher the symbols on the tests.

You looked at them and then looked at the box. When you saw the key, and saw which answer your tests matched up to, your jaw dropped slightly. "Positive." You said just above a whisper.

"Positive? It's positive as in pregnant? We're pregnant? You're pregnant?" he asked quickly, barely breathing between questions.

You smiled and nodded. "Pregnant. We're pregnant." You said. "We're having a baby." You said.

Andrew's eyes lit up and he gave the biggest smile you've seen. He hugged you tight and spun you gently. "We're gonna be parents." He said and set you down gently. "We should go to the doctor though, we have to make sure this is for sure and that the baby is healthy. We should get some parenting books too, Brent might have some we can borrow." He said, walking back into the bedroom.

"Baby." You smiled and walked over. "We'll do all of that tomorrow okay? Let's just celebrate today, you and me." You held his hands.

He smiled and nodded. "Okay. We're having a baby." He smiled again.

"We're having a baby." You repeated him and kissed him gently.

It was finally happening; you were starting your family with Andrew. You couldn't be more happy.