Night Stroll - Michael Latta (Requested)

The bar scene was never really your idea of a good time. You would much rather go see a movie or go to an amusement park. Your friends on the other hand were what some would call "bar flies". You didn't mind going out once in a while, but you weren't as into the bars as they were.

One Saturday evening, you were at your friends' usual bar, sitting at a booth with them. You sighed softly as your friends took obnoxious selfies and drank more than they should have been drinking. You caught a break in the chaos when they asked for another pitcher. You offered to go up to the bar to refill them, which they thanked you for. You walked up to the bar and asked for a refill. You were standing next to a fairly handsome young man who smiled over at you.

"Are you the beer runner?" he asked.

You looked over at him and smiled. "No, I just needed a break from the party so I offered to run this up here." You said.

He nodded and smiled. "I get that. Bars aren't really my ideal choice either." He said.

"Well why are you here, if you don't mind me asking?" you asked.

"My buddies wanted to come to watch the game, but they got distracted flirting with some girls." He said.

The bartender brought your pitcher back and you thanked him. "Well good luck with your friends." You smiled.

"You too." He said, smiling.

You walked back to the table and saw that your friends were all goofing off with a table of young guys. Maybe it was the guys that the man at the bar was with. You set the pitcher down and got thanked by your friends and the young men. As the guys crowded the table, you told your friends you were going to go get something to eat. You weren't really going to get something to eat, but you wanted an excuse to break away from the growing chaos. You went back to the bar and saw an empty seat next to the young man from earlier.

"Back so soon?" he asked, smiling.

You smiled back and nodded. "I think my friends met your friends." You said and sat next to him.

The man looked over his shoulder and smiled. "Small world, huh?" he said.

You nodded and smiled. "So which team were you rooting for?" you asked.

"Oh, it was a basketball game and those aren't really my thing. I'm more of a hockey fan myself." He smiled.

You looked at him for a moment and then realized where you had seen him. "Do you play? I swear I've seen you before." You said.

He smiled and nodded. "Guilty." He said. "I'm Michael, and I play for the Capitals." He said.

You smiled. "I knew I've seen you before. You're not too bad at your sport, Michael." You said. "I'm Y/N." you said and held your hand out.

He shook your hand gently and smiled. "Well thank you." he said. "I know this is kind of soon, but do you wanna maybe get out of here and take a walk?" he asked.

You looked back at your friends and then at Michael. "I don't think they'll miss me too much." You said smiling.

The two of you walked out of the bar and started walking down the street. You talked about your hobbies and what you both liked to do when you weren't working. You both got to know each other a bit more as you walked.

"So you've lived here for almost a year and haven't seen the monuments up close?" he asked, smiling.

"I know, it's probably some sort of Washington sin." You smiled.

"Come on, we're going right now." He said and hailed a cab.

"Wait, really?" you smiled.

"Yeah, really. It'll be fun." He smiled.

The two of you got into the cab and headed to the monuments. Michael paid and got out with you, holding his hand out. You took it gently as he walked you around the entire area, making sure you got to see each monument up close. The two of you walked hand in hand and ended up in front of the Lincoln memorial.

"This is beautiful." You said.

Michael smiled and nodded. "It looks pretty awesome at night." He said.

"Thank you for taking me out here, Michael." You smiled.

He nodded and held his arm out. "One more stop." He said and put his arm around your shoulders.

The two of you walked along the reflection pool and stopped at the Washington monument. He held you closer to him as a cool breeze blew through. You smiled up at the monument and put your head on his shoulder.

"This definitely beats bars." You said.

He smiled and nodded, rubbing your back gently. "I know how it could be better, but I don't wanna push my luck." He said.

You smiled and looked up at him. "As long as you don't push me into the water or kidnap me, you won't push your luck."

He smiled and held your chin gently, leaning down to place a gentle kiss on your lips.

You kissed back and felt fireworks throughout your body. Previously, you were convinced that sparks were only in the movies. Michael proved that wrong. You touched his cheek gently as he kissed you a little deeper.

He pulled back slowly to get some air and smiled down at you. "This beats bars by a long shot, even if a hockey game is on."

You smiled and blushed. "Well thank you." you said. "I have a lot of fun with you, Michael. You're laid back and you're cool with doing spontaneous things like this."

He smiled and held you close to him. "Same to you, Y/N. We'll have to do this again." He winked.

You smiled and looked up at him. "Is that a promise for another date?" you winked back.

He smiled and nodded. "Pinky swear." He said holding his pinky up.

You linked yours with his and smiled. "It's a date." You said.

Michael smiled and kissed your forehead gently. The two of you looked up at the monument and enjoyed the moment of the evening. You made a mental note to thank your friends for dragging you out of the house tonight. Michael was definitely worth it.