Just The Way You Are - Tyler Seguin (Requested)

Before your pregnancy, you were always excited to go to events with your boyfriend Tyler, but halfway through your pregnancy, you started to like events less and less. Now that you're in your third trimester, it's getting harder for you to go to events. Not because you physically couldn't go, but because of the insecurities that were growing along with your belly. When you first told Tyler, he promised that he would love you through it all, and you knew he did, but it was still hard to get past your self-esteem issues, and the emotions weren't helping. Tonight was another event and you knew that you couldn't get out of this one because it was a baby shower that was being held by the team and their wives and girlfriends.

"Are you sure I can't just say I've got bad nausea?" you asked, sitting on the edge of the bed while Tyler got dressed.

"Yes, babe, I'm sure." He smirked. "It's a shower for our baby, we have to go." He said.

"Yeah but you don't look like a whale." You muttered under your breath.

"What?" he asked, walking into the room.

"Nothing." You said.

Tyler looked at you suspiciously before he walked over and kissed your head. "Go get dressed." He said and grabbed his belt from the dresser.

You made a face and got up, waddling to the bathroom with your dress.

You changed into the light pink dress that fit in all the right places, and flowed in the right places. You walked out of the bathroom and looked in the full-length mirror that hung on the wall next to your closet. You looked at your reflection and held your large belly.

Tyler walked up behind you and smiled over your shoulder. "You look absolutely beautiful." He said and put the silver necklace with the diamond star on it around your neck, clasping it for you.

"I look like mount Pepto Bismol." You blurted out.

"Y/N, you look stunning. The only reason you look different is because you have our baby growing inside of you." Tyler said, wrapping his arms around your waist from behind, placing his hands on your belly.

You let the tears forming in your eyes fall as you spoke. "Tyler, you shouldn't be seen with someone like me." You choked out.

"Baby..." he said softly and moved to stand in front of you. He wiped the tears from your cheeks and lifted your chin gently. "I wouldn't want to be seen with anyone else. I love you, every part of you, and I promised that I would love you no matter what. Do you think I would lie about that?" he asked softly.

You sniffled and shook your head. "No." you said softly. "I just feel huge. I can't even hug my boyfriend." You said.

Tyler smiled and shook his head. "You can too." He said and stood at your side, wrapping his arms around you, pulling you close to him. He rested his cheek on your head and rubbed your arm. "See?"

You wrapped your arm around his waist and rested your head on his chest. "Smartass." You smirked, sniffling.

He smiled and kissed your head gently and moved back in front of you, holding your hands in his. "You wouldn't have it any other way."

You shook your head. "No, I wouldn't." you said.

"You really look beautiful." He said softly.

"If you say so." You said softly.

Tyler smirked down at you before he started to sing softly. "I know, I know when I compliment her, she won't believe me..." he sang to you.

You looked up at him and couldn't hide the smirk forming on your face.

"And it's so, it's so sad to think that she don't see what I see." He sang and moved behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and holding your hands in his before continuing the song. "But every time she asks me, do I look okay? I say..." he sang softly, kissing your ear gently.

You smiled and held his hands in yours as he continued the song.

"When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. 'Cause Y/N, you're amazing just the way you are." He sang softly into your ear.

Your smile was so wide your cheeks hurt and you squeezed his hands gently. "Tyler, how did I get so lucky to have you?" you asked.

Tyler smiled and kissed your shoulder. "Someone up there is really rooting for you." he joked, winking.

You giggled and turned to face him, holding his hands. "I'm sorry I get this way."

"Don't apologize, babe." He said and held your face in his hands gently. "I just wish you saw what I see." He said softly.

You nodded and held his wrists. "I do too." You said.

"We'll work on that after the party." He smiled and kissed you. "I love you, Y/N."

You kissed him back and smiled. "I love you too." You said.

Tyler bent down and kissed your belly gently. "I love you too, baby Segs." He smiled, placing another kiss on your belly which earned a kick from the baby. Tyler's eyes went wide and he looked up at you, smiling.

"Baby Segs loves you too." You smiled. "Let's go." You said.

Tyler smiled and got your coats, then walked you out to the car. He always knew how to lift your spirits, and you thanked God every night for sending you an angel like Tyler.